To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system.
A Deere 3032 does NOT use DEF = Diesel Exhaust Fluid.

A Deere 3032 does have a DPF = Diesel Particulate Filter.
It's not for the Deere 3032 it is for the Kubota M6H-101. I need to add it.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #13  
The only problem the neighbor has with his tier4 equipment is when he hires new help. The new help stops working and pushes buttons when going into regen. He said if they just keep working there is no problem.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #14  
At work (if you want to call it work) I'm driving a Kubota that uses DEF Fluid. The tractor runs almost continuously during a 9 hour shift, it has some instructions on top of the dash about the icons but it is not readable half of it has been torn off. it is a Kubota M6H-101 Hydraulic shuttle (no cab). I'm mostly concerned about When it regenerates, the RPMs, What happens if it is interrupted etc. . . I was told it should run at 2,000 RPM at all times, not just during regeneration, but that just seems a waste of fuel and very loud.

Thanks for the recommendations so far.

As far as the dpf concerns, the rpm recommendations during normal use are reasonable. If there is any confusion about the various Regen lights or controls, those should be addressed and the controls relabeled.
I personally run my machine at a 1500 rpm idle, but when a Regen is called for I need to raise the rpm for the process to start. Better know where the "raise rpm" light is.
My other recommendations would be to not delay or interrupt a Regen. If the machine is in a combustible area, go somewhere else rather than delay or interrupt. I have worked through all of the Regen cycles on my machine.

For dashes that report dpf status on the LCD screen it's easy enough to plan around a Regen. I save up 15 minute jobs to do during a Regen if I don't have current (real) work to do. Over the past 6 years my L4060 (no DEF) has regened 13 times, average of every 50 hours, taking about 12-15 minutes each.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #15  
The only problem the neighbor has with his tier4 equipment is when he hires new help. The new help stops working and pushes buttons when going into regen. He said if they just keep working there is no problem.
^This is what I've found also.

I was very concerned about the regen process when I first bought my Kubota nearly 5 years ago. And the above is what experience has taught me. Keep the rpms up, and keep working. I see the regen light in the dash come on...and then 15 or so minutes later it goes off. That's all there is to it. No input from me is needed.

There has been a time or two when I was doing something such as hooking up an implement and the engine is at idle and the regen light comes on - but in those cases there is a second light that starts blinking, telling me to raise the rpms until that blinking light goes out. So I apply throttle until that blinking light goes out; the regen process then proceeds. When the regen lights in the dash go out I then can return the engine to idle.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #16  
Depends on how new your Kubota using DEF is. Older ones, no matter how you treat them they will fail. My M7 was over 1600 hours, always high quality DEF, and it failed. Neil from Messick’s has a good video on YouTube regarding this. Not just Kubota - they don’t design their own system. They purchase from a top notch supplier. So with all my care, my M7 failed in its 6th season. Didn’t shut me down. Message on my monitor that due to poor DEF quality, I had 80 minutes before it was going into limp mode. Replaced DEF filter drained my fairly fresh DEF and warning returned within 5 minutes. Despite age, I believe Kubota covered the cost of replacing the system with the latest design. They have updated software so low DEF warning comes on at 50% full instead of 25% (confirmed as my new M5-111 comes on at 50%). My M7 sits through winters - drain DEF and install fresh every spring. I have, or have had, 5 machines with DPF, have run like any other machine (except never shutting down if in regen despite job being done) and no problems. But DEF is important to be clean, fresh and never below half full. Once again, watch Neil’s video. He says the DEF system has given their shop headaches over the past few years. The DEF quality sensor has been problematic. An electronic circuit board was not adequately sealed. That turned out to be my problem. The quality sensor failed so mine was updated with an entirely new system.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #17  
Oh yes we can!

If my DPF system failed I would certainly use that opportunity to get rid of it for good.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #19  
Just yesterday I was aerating a 45 acre piece of land I farm for a wealthy customer. They have 2 full time groundskeepers and a decent amount of property maintenance equipment. One piece they have is a 2021 Kubota L6060 with cab & loader they use for light property maintenance.
One of the groundskeepers said he was stuck in regen mode for 20 minutes with it while attempting some basic loader work.
I would like to farm in newer equipment, but I can’t afford any. I purposely steer clear of anything with DEF or DPF, except my main truck. I bought it with an extended warranty because I knew the system would fail, and it did. This summer the DEF tank gauge broke. The truck still ran, but with an annoying check engine light on, for about a month until the parts arrived.

Buying the DEF isn’t the problem, its the added layer of complexity and electronics that IS the problem. It’s prone to failure and at the worst possible time.

Tractors down while farming is a terrible problem. Having that extra layer of complexity just makes it more likely. But older tractors break more often because they are, well, older.
Its kind of a no-win, but since I can’t afford new, I battle with older pre-emissions equipment.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #20  
There is another one in Canada too, that obviously can only operate there.
Good catch.
That company is located in Poland. :(