Tires for Beaver

/ Tires for Beaver #1  

ssg510

Silver Member
Any suggestion on replacing my original turf tires on my Beaver. I really like the turf as I use the tractor alot in the yard. What about Ag tires. Thanks

/ Tires for Beaver #2  
If you really like turf tires because they don't mess up your lawn, then you'll hate ag (R1) tires. They are designed to engage and bite into the ground. If you're wanting to pull ground-engaging implements like a disk or plow through heavy soil, you will hate your turf tires. Somewhere in between are industrial (R4) tires, like you see on many new compact tractors or industrial equipment. The R4 is a compromise between the two, and doesn't pull as good in soft soil as an R1. It also is tougher on nice ground than the R3 tire (turf tires). The R4s will pull through soft stuff better than a turf, though, and chew up your ground less than an R1.

If turf tires do what you want well, the majority of the time, and have traits you desire, like being easy on the ground, get those again. Some people have had great luck with a mud-terrain pickup tire, for much less money than turf tires.

I had R1 tires on my Mitsubishi D1800. I put R3s on it. Now I can go places and not tear the ground up, but for pulling anything except a tiller (which pushes forward anyway) that digs into the soil it's useless, even though I've filled the tires. I'm ok with that, because I only run the tiller and mower with it. But if I didn't have another machine to pull the disk and plow, I'd be in trouble when I needed to use those implements. With something as little as a Beaver, I'd imagine it matters even more to have the correct tires. Let us know what you decide, and how it works for you!

/ Tires for Beaver #3  
Ditto, I got some used 16" pickup tires on my grey beaver. $20.00 each, mounting included.

/ Tires for Beaver
Probably will only use it for fel work and snow removal in winter. Will use chains for that also. Thaks for the help. Bfgoodrich makes a 33x9.5 tire that might work.

/ Tires for Beaver #5  
Well, my MT180D (4 X 4) needed new shoes as my rears were very badly weather checked.
Since I rely on the tractor for my snow duties I decided to re shoe rather than have a disaster this winter.
Since my size is 9.5 X 18 I had a real tough time locating them.
Simply not being produced other than by Bridgstone, and at that I question as to when.
You need to have the correct ratio front vs rear, with the front leading a bit for 4 wd operation otherwise damage will occur, (probably front drive).
Gotta say It was costly, tires + tubes + juice came close to $900. but I have no worries now.
While dismounting/mounting we remouved all rust, painted and primed the rims to extend the life.
Thinking I might need a rim, I called around and was stunned at what I would need to pay. (almost the price of both tires!)
Now my turfs with double ladder chains is unstoppable, great on ice, and in summer the turfs don't damage my grass unless I turn in 4WD, then one frt chews up a bit so on grass it is 2WD only.

/ Tires for Beaver
What did you do for tires. What brand and size. Where did you get them.

/ Tires for Beaver #7  
What did you do for tires. What brand and size. Where did you get them.

Assuming you refer to my post, I went to a very large truck tire dealer in my area.
He did a search and found them in Ontario (I am in Quebec).
I had tried just about all tractor shops (maybe 15 or so) with no joy.

The truck shop was super well equipped to do the work, in fact flat rated the job.
Actually was in and out in about 1.5 hours and that included the cleaning/painting of the rims as well as the beetle juice.
They pumped out the old CaCl as well.

I did bring my tractor to the shop, but they could have come to me for a price as they have shops on wheeles as well.
If I recal, the fee was $40 per tire, all included,

/ Tires for Beaver
Assuming you refer to my post, I went to a very large truck tire dealer in my area.
He did a search and found them in Ontario (I am in Quebec).
I had tried just about all tractor shops (maybe 15 or so) with no joy.

The truck shop was super well equipped to do the work, in fact flat rated the job.
Actually was in and out in about 1.5 hours and that included the cleaning/painting of the rims as well as the beetle juice.
They pumped out the old CaCl as well.

I did bring my tractor to the shop, but they could have come to me for a price as they have shops on wheeles as well.
If I recal, the fee was $40 per tire, all included,

What brand did you get. What size

/ Tires for Beaver #9  
Follow up on my new tire post one year later.

Just this week as I prepped my tractor for winter I discovered serious checking forming from the rim to about a 2-3 inch band all around the rims.
This on new tires?
A brief visit to the tire shop has resulted in follow up and supposedly I will get a visit from the tire rep shortly.

At least I am being listened to and not blown away.

Oh, and total usage since install; about 50 hours!

/ Tires for Beaver #10  
Follow up on my new tire post one year later.

Just this week as I prepped my tractor for winter I discovered serious checking forming from the rim to about a 2-3 inch band all around the rims.
This on new tires?
A brief visit to the tire shop has resulted in follow up and supposedly I will get a visit from the tire rep shortly.

At least I am being listened to and not blown away.

Oh, and total usage since install; about 50 hours!

Today I had a visit from Firestone and the rep confirmed that they would replace my tires!
Guess I live right.
Now where will they get me a pair from? The tire shop had told me that they were the last pair in Canada!