Tire Chains

/ Tire Chains #11  
If you want value for your money and a set of chains that will work hard and last take a look at this site
www.valbysales.com They offer a set if ice chains in bar style and diamond style. The bar type will pull a little more. I have a set of bar style on my L3830 and they are awesome. The set for my tractor cost me $650.00 and are worth every nickel of it.

/ Tire Chains
I like the web page,I need one of the forwarders and knuckleboom and a Farmi winch...but the chains will be 1st. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tire Chains #13  
I got my tractor in late March of this year so I did not get to use it much in the snow. I put the chains on anyway just to strech them out but they did not strech much. I was mostly in the gravel pit with them and they worked very well. I was impressed.

/ Tire Chains #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I got my tractor in late March of this year so I did not get to use it much in the snow. )</font>

That's the style chain I use on my L3010. Been using them for four winters now, and have yet to get stuck...or to lose traction on wicked slick ice even on my 22% slope. These chains are the reason I can use my Kubota to carve a bobsled run through the meadow every winter! The only con is they tear the heck out of asphalt; then again the blacktop ends 1/4 mile down the hill so I'm pretty safe on my dirt road. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete

/ Tire Chains #16  
I have made hundreds of sets when I worked for Caltrans in the high country . Anytime we were not plowing snow in the winter on Interstate 80 ,it seemed like we were rebuilding or making new chains . I don't think you will save any money ,to speak of , building your own . You can buy the sidelink and cross link from most tire chain manufactures .We even started hardfacing the old ones to see how they worked and boy did they tear up concrete or asphalt pavement ! That got nixed in a hurry ,but I suppose they would work ok on gravel or dirt .

If you live in snow country ,stop buy your local highway dept . Let the equipment operator's know you are interested in big tire chains and if any of the employee's find one of the size you need you might be interested in buying it . We just threw out the ones we found ,but a few guys would try and find a mate over the winter months and then sell then to local truckers or contractors in the summer months .They,the big tire chains , can really stop a snow blower in its tracks ,when you suck one up in the fan or auger !!! Some needed lots of repair , but usually the side link and latches were in good shape .
Big Al