Timber Frame Build - Round 2

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #11  
Do you have a design or drawing of what you are planning on building? I designed my wedding gazebo specifically for weddings. I wanted it wide to accommodate a decent sized wedding party, and to have eye appeal so people would want to be photographed next to it.

This picture is of another wedding gazebo that I built. Client wanted something they saw at the Home Depot parking lot, but for me to customize it to fit in their setting and add a few details to it to make it nicer then what they could have bought at Home Depot.

2154.jpg

Then I came up with the dumb idea of adding something to the floor. I drew up a half dozen ideas and they wanted the compass symbol.

2130.jpg

I didn't stain it, but this is how it turned out.

29511_391313781774_524241774_4164523_3721980_n.jpg

To get to the gazebo, the bride had to leave from their house, walk around their pool and hot tub, and then get over a retaining wall. They asked me to build a set of stairs to do this and to come up with a way to make it look nice. So I built this.

003.JPG

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #12  
Beautiful work Eddie!

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2
Great work as always Eddie. Work on our outdoor area is already well underway. I wanted this part done early for marketing going into next year. Ill try to get some pics uploaded so I can bring this part up to speed.

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #17  
Wow that looks great!!

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #18  
Framed perfectly by your trees!!!

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #19  
So cool! . I'm going to enjoy watching this come together!
Are you working with the same folks that did your house?

Curious on wood selection - drawings state DF and you mentioned White Pine for the t&g - given this appears to be minimal load bearing any reason you are not using White Pine for the main structure? Will you just oil the timbers or plan to stain?

So cool! . I'm going to enjoy watching this come together!
Are you working with the same folks that did your house?

Curious on wood selection - drawings state DF and you mentioned White Pine for the t&g - given this appears to be minimal load bearing any reason you are not using White Pine for the main structure? Will you just oil the timbers or plan to stain?

Mainly just because I likes the look of the DF in our home so much. Plus it will give the ceiling some contrast to the timbers. It will be minimal load bearing. Same folks as we used for the house. I'm not sure John was real excited about raising inside an existing structure but I didn't have to beg too much. He did tell me if we hadn't already done a home with them he probably would have declined. Lol.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2009 FORD F250 4X4 EXT CAB CAB & CHASSIS, S/N 1FTSX21Y09EA33178, V8 GAS ENG, AUTO TRANS, OD READS (A34808)
2009 FORD F250 4X4...
2007 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup (A33113)
2007 Chevrolet...
Sany 24" Bucket for Excavator SY75/SY80/SY95 and Backhoe SLB95 (A34573)
Sany 24" Bucket...
2019 John Deere S770 2wd Combine (A33783)
2019 John Deere...
2472 148 JOHN DEERE LOADER W/BRKS S/N:E00148007591 (A34733)
2472 148 JOHN...
GRILL GUARD... (A34808)
GRILL GUARD...