Buying Advice Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #161  
And that's what it's all about.
I think the govt. finally realized the economy was going in shutdown mode. Consumer internal combustion engines (ICE) have gotten too reliable.
All us old fart babyboomers have bought all the ICE equipment we NEED. And most of that made in the last 10 to 20 years is pretty efficient, and will last a LONG TIME with decent maintenance upkeep and fuel.
So instead of buying a new car every 3 to 5 years why not go 10 or 20?
Tractors seem to last forever.
Most other industries that produce equipment have similar success in equipment life span improvement. So the consumer has slowed down.
Only by regulating that old ICE equipment has to be replaced will the economy get rolling at high speed again.

Don’t forget all the purposely seized engines in the brilliant “cash for clunkers “ government car destroying program

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #162  
Here checks are sent because PGE delivers the electricity but the county consortium purchases it...
I actually got around $350 which PG&E put toward my gas bill and the system has only been in service since September.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #163  
Another 17 pages of right wing whining.

I periodically take a break from this site after it regularly degenerates into this right wing bullshit.

See Ya!

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #164  

I periodically take a break from this site after it regularly degenerates into this right wing bullshit.

See Ya!
Bye

Last edited:
   / Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #165  

See Ya!
Stop bringing politics into it. :rolleyes:

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #166  
Depending on which news source you pick, the average new car price in 2024 is about $48,000. Takes a lot of disposable income to pay for that plus a home mortgage, insurance, ....

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #167  
Depending on which news source you pick, the average new car price in 2024 is about $48,000. Takes a lot of disposable income to pay for that plus a home mortgage, insurance, ....
There are lots of economy cars available priced new in the twenty thousands. The fact that the average sales price is $48k shows that many people are choosing upgraded vehicles. Still, on Tuesday I bought a 2020 Jeep Wrangler, nicely equipped and in like new condition, 32K miles for $31.9K.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #168  
most of us ol' timers here can complain, but are pretty well set up. the newest of my 3 vehicles is an '06.
but sorry to see younger generations struggle with new vehicle prices along with high housing costs. part of the world we're leaving them regardless of what side of the aisle you're on

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #170  

See Ya!
how truly ignorant and uneducated of a remark regarding tier V that is.
Just accept all regulations thrown at us no matter how expensive & restrictive?
Maybe you’re a sucker for “progressive“ heavy handed regulations, but looking at the way this country is rapidly dying in a sea of debt and regulations, we should be relaxing regulations and lowering costs, before we can no longer afford to exist.

Last edited: