Three Point Operation

/ Three Point Operation #1  

Fine409

Tractor
RK37 Hydro Cab
I have a new RK37 Hydro Cab. Still learning everything about the tractor. I have to say that the owners manual leaves a bit to be desired. My question is about the three point control. I have one lever that indicates depth and up and down. I have a very much smaller lever with a red knob on it that seems to have three positions. The lever that has the depth markings let痴 the three point down. It will not bring it up. I have to 吐iddle with the smaller one to raise it. Is this correct?

/ Three Point Operation #2  
The outboard positioned lever, with numbers, is your hydraulic Position Control.

Your inboard positioned lever is Draft Control. Draft Control should be at "0"/down position unless you are operating a moldboard plow or other Three Point Hitch implement with considerable draft force resistance.

MORE: draft control site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Sensitivity of Draft Control is determined by inboard location of Top Link in the series of paired pin holes in vertical orientation on the Three Point Hitch. My Kubota has three pairs of holes. Your RK has about the same power as my Kubota.

Last edited:
   / Three Point Operation #3  
A new owner and his Owners Manual can be a confusing situation - for sure. Thank goodness my manual has big pictures. However - it would help if the "for Japan only" owners manuals were sold only in that country.

/ Three Point Operation
For new RK37 owners, I didn’t want to leave this hanging. I asked my salesman about the three position lever and he wasn’t sure. He said he would get me an answer. Either later that day or the very next day a guy called me from the Waverly factory. I think he said he was the regional technical advisor. He explained that the three position lever directs fluid to either the backhoe or the three point. I put it in the middle position and the big handle worked the three point just as it should. He also indicated that the 37 doesn’t have a separate draft control but the depth numbers I mentioned let’s you know where to set the implement down once you determine how deep you want it. I have a rear blade mounted and it works great. For me, as a new tractor owner and operator Rural King is doing a bang up job.

/ Three Point Operation #5  
Related question regarding the red lever. I could have swore that the red lever would only stay put in the middle but I could be wrong. I believe when I moved it one way or the other it would spring back to the middle.

Later when I installed the backhoe it came with a detent which at first I thought ok I already have one installed I dont need it but I didn't get hydro pressure to the backhoe. I replaced the detent with the one provided and I can now swing the red lever to either side of the middle and it stays. The detent is clearly different than the one o replaced. If I'm not mistaken as the OP stated middle is to direct to the 3 point and I believe each side is for the rear remote depending on how your hoses are connected. If you hook up the backhoe with hoses reversed I think I can just flip the red handle to the opposite side.

So my questions.

Am I recalling correctly that I was unable to keep the lever to either side of middle before replacing the detent? Or did I make that that up as I was finding the combination that enabled my backhoe?

Am I correct that both sides of middle are for rear remote and the difference is flow direction?

If I needed the new detent (clearly was different) for the backhoe, what was the operational difference with the preinstalled detent?

Thanks

/ Three Point Operation #6  
Related question regarding the red lever. I could have swore that the red lever would only stay put in the middle but I could be wrong. I believe when I moved it one way or the other it would spring back to the middle.

Later when I installed the backhoe it came with a detent which at first I thought ok I already have one installed I dont need it but I didn't get hydro pressure to the backhoe. I replaced the detent with the one provided and I can now swing the red lever to either side of the middle and it stays. The detent is clearly different than the one o replaced. If I'm not mistaken as the OP stated middle is to direct to the 3 point and I believe each side is for the rear remote depending on how your hoses are connected. If you hook up the backhoe with hoses reversed I think I can just flip the red handle to the opposite side.

So my questions.

Am I recalling correctly that I was unable to keep the lever to either side of middle before replacing the detent? Or did I make that that up as I was finding the combination that enabled my backhoe?

Am I correct that both sides of middle are for rear remote and the difference is flow direction?

If I needed the new detent (clearly was different) for the backhoe, what was the operational difference with the preinstalled detent?

Thanks

Hello chesternator, the detent allows for different configurations of the hydraulic control mechanism depending on your application and what you have connected. You are correct that with the original detent the movement from center to either direction was momentary and changes the direction of hydro flow to the rear option depending on which way you pull/push the lever. As en example, this would be ideal for dump trailer control. up(dump) or down but you don't want it to lock into place and continually apply hydro pressure once you have reached all the way up/down. For your backhoe you needed a new detent in order to lock that flow in place to continuously deliver that hydro pressure to your backhoe controls once you leave the cab and jump in the backhoe seat. You can still use this detent with a dump trailer but will need to manually pull the lever back to center rather than just releasing it. I hope this helps, have a great day.

In case you are confused, yes I answered my own post after doing some research. :)