Threaded links drag

/ Threaded links drag #11  
You guys are killing me with the zip ties, hose clamps, dragging in the dirt deal. So far, I do not think the OP has looked at the manual. Not that any of us really like to look at manuals, I'm almost as bad. So here is a picture. We like pictures. Unless I am misunderstanding the problem (wouldn't be the first time), this is pretty simple to just swing the link rearward and pin it.

photo.JPG

/ Threaded links drag
You guys are killing me with the zip ties, hose clamps, dragging in the dirt deal. So far, I do not think the OP has looked at the manual. Not that any of us really like to look at manuals, I'm almost as bad. So here is a picture. We like pictures. Unless I am misunderstanding the problem (wouldn't be the first time), this is pretty simple to just swing the link rearward and pin it.

View attachment 421677

I just was able to look at the manual yesterday but also I had a problem with the those pins falling out and they would drag. I replaced those pins with bolts and double nutted them. I knock the pins out of the sway links when I have the rock rack on. Guess I take my tractor over more brush and rocks than most people do.

/ Threaded links drag #13  
I just was able to look at the manual yesterday but also I had a problem with the those pins falling out and they would drag. I replaced those pins with bolts and double nutted them. I knock the pins out of the sway links when I have the rock rack on. Guess I take my tractor over more brush and rocks than most people do.

Good point on the rocks and brush comments. Good idea on the bolts.

/ Threaded links drag #14  
Do you have room to double nut the turn buckles and pins? For the threaded lift arm I removed the stock nut and used a couple metric nuts from fastenal... it kept vibrating loose and fell off once...

/ Threaded links drag
Do you have room to double nut the turn buckles and pins? For the threaded lift arm I removed the stock nut and used a couple metric nuts from fastenal... it kept vibrating loose and fell off once...

I could do that but I think I'm just going to make them removable.

/ Threaded links drag #16  
I could do that but I think I'm just going to make them removable.

That might be the best idea.

You might even consider a skid plate of sorts to bolt to the bottom of the tractor. We sell low profile orchard tractors and in the fall after pruning they will sometimes shred the brush in place with a low profile 100'ish HP tractor with a shredder flail. As the shredder is on the back, you drive over the brush with the tractor and even though this is pretty small brush a stick will find it's way up into an expensive part under the tractor and the tractor is down and a repair is needed. We build a belly pan that protects the expensive bits underneath. I've never developed one for smaller tractors, but it doesn't seem to be too hard of a task. Make it easy to unbolt for service and some holes for drainage.