This is my last post on TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / This is my last post on TBN #181  
I dunno, I'm here mostly for the tractor stuff anyways. I may be wrong, but I notice people in trades, machines, tractors, all that sort of stuff, more of us tend to lean libertarian or to the right. And with covid politicized as it is, quite a number of opinions tend to lean a certain way as well.

I suppose admin here wants to keep this site focused on tractor talk, I respect that even though occasionally that will tick some of us off. It's ticked me off a couple times too. But, can't we just do that though...just leave that stuff at the door, focus on tractor stuff? And if you can't, well you thread gets zapped, there's your reminder, and you could just suck it up and go back to talking about tractors.
Well stated.

I've said this before and stand by it. If every post is only about tractors this site will dry up. It's offerings will be for "searching" only.

Have you ever been in a conversation with a large group of people where only one topic was allowed? How'd it go? 😁

/ This is my last post on TBN #182  
TBN is no different than the majotity of random public interactions. What one consider's objective another see's as self serving or other less than honorable position. On the surface calling for mods to explain why posts are in violation sound's reasonable. Truth be known,that would only lead to futher quarrling and disaggreement. C19 has become a hot button throughout the world and to say you don't know that is hard to belive. Members have brought it on them selves that when mods hear c19 mentioned it's equvilant to seeing 3 boys carfully selecting stones and putting them in their pocket. The fact they aren't throwing stones as they are picked up isn't a crime but there has recently been several windows busted. Most adults don't have the time nor desire to follow the boys until they throw them so they just ask the boys to empty their pockets and a problem has been averted.
Mod bashing has been increasingly popular recently. In another thread some members said they would never flag/report a post. I believe that is telling. If you believe certain posts are insulting or otherwise improper ,report it. Swamp mods with complaints about rule braekers you believe are getting prefferential treatment. If you want to really pee in your adversary's post toasties,tell them you reported them. That will upset your adversary more than taking snipes at them and you broke no rule in the process.

/ This is my last post on TBN #183  
Does anyone (besides me) sometimes wonder why human beings simply cannot get along together; never have and never will. From Biblical times throughout history, quarrels, fights, wars, etc. have always happened, and I'm sure always will happen.
Bird, respectfully, I disagree with that basic premise.

I think there is a natural trend over time in human history, and in human nature, toward treating one another more decently.

Imperceptibly slow in the moment, obviously. But recognizing this gives us a goal, an ideal, to help us choose our actions.

/ This is my last post on TBN #184  
I had to come back to wish Bird a happy birthday.
I would presume that Bird would prefer not to celebrate a birthday (I know I don't and don't want to, in fact I never list my birth date on any forum I'm on anyway. At our ages, birthdays just signify how little time we actually have left.

/ This is my last post on TBN #185  
I would presume that Bird would prefer not to celebrate a birthday (I know I don't and don't want to, in fact I never list my birth date on any forum I'm on anyway. At our ages, birthdays just signify how little time we actually have left.
I turned 70 last November. My family threw a surprise party for me in my shop. I would have never done that. It warmed my heart to see how many friends showed up. Reinforced that feeling I carry that I am always within a shoutout of help.

Counting myself there were only 8 people out of 40-50 that were 60 or older. Only 3 of us 70 or older. I hang out with young folks. That's why I'm actually only 45. :)

/ This is my last post on TBN #186  
I turned 70 last November. My family threw a surprise party for me in my shop. I would have never done that. It warmed my heart to see how many friends showed up. Reinforced that feeling I carry that I am always within a shoutout of help.

Counting myself there were only 8 people out of 40-50 that were 60 or older. Only 3 of us 70 or older. I hang out with young folks. That's why I'm actually only 45. :)
You're hanging out here and there's plenty of us old folks around here.

/ This is my last post on TBN #187  
This will be my last post on TBN. I post this so my friends here will know where I have gone, and that I am not dead. Not yet anyway. :)

I just cannot in good conscience live with the level of heavy handed and one sided moderation and the last straw was the rules change by Muhammad that Covid 19 threads would no longer be tolerated. I can't live with that level of censorship and "wokeness"

And yes I will NOT let the screen door hit me where the good Lord split me.

I am over on AR15.com a much more tolerant and diverse forum. See you over there. :)
Best of luck to you Sir, wishing you health and happiness.

W1JCH

/ This is my last post on TBN #188  
   / This is my last post on TBN #189  
This will be my last post on TBN. I post this so my friends here will know where I have gone, and that I am not dead. Not yet anyway. :)

I just cannot in good conscience live with the level of heavy handed and one sided moderation and the last straw was the rules change by Muhammad that Covid 19 threads would no longer be tolerated. I can't live with that level of censorship and "wokeness"

And yes I will NOT let the screen door hit me where the good Lord split me.

I am over on AR15.com a much more tolerant and diverse forum. See you over there. :)
James, I've enjoyed your posts through the years. I hope we can find a way to stay in touch.
Lenny

/ This is my last post on TBN #190  
I hate to see anyone go but especially James. It always seems we run into eachother on many threads....which to me signifies a pretty common interest in alot of things.

I too took quite some time off. Was getting burned out talking about the same tractor stuff everyday, and going to the "new posts" and not really seeing anything that sparked my interest. Just came back a few months ago so I am not really up to speed on current TBN events, and moderation, and what drove James to hang up his hat. But even then, I rarely venture outside tech forums or things associated with rural living and farming. Those types of discussions are simply not why I am here.

I will say that I agree that an explanation should be given for closing/locking threads, and deleting posts/threads. Often times people say and or do things many times without repercussion....then one day the axe drops and they are left wondering why. Even publicly declaring the offense committed so others learn what is allowed and what isnt.

For starters, alot of us joined many many moons ago. And whether we read the rules or just scrolled past them....who knows. But ask me to cite the rules I may or may not have read over a decade ago.... :ROFLMAO: Then go and update/change the rules. Even if you post a notification....unless it is getting alot of comments and traffic....it quickly falls off of the "new posts" page which is the only page I view.

And lets face it, the rules are not black and white. And anyone that says they are is Naive. Examples:

1. Insulting members is not allowed. This is a judgment call it seems based on the severity of the insult. Sometimes I see certain things deleted and think dang, a moderator must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Other times I see things remain that leave me dumfounded.

2. Arguing with other members, heated and unreasonable debate, "beating a dead horse" without any sign of rational thought process. Again, judgment call. I have been in several "debates" that were technical in nature. Sometimes I have seen posts removed, sometimes not. But by very definition....."unreasonable debate" is an opinion in the eye of the beholder. And beating a dead horse.....would pallets in the field or a rounded drain plug qualify as a dead horse?:ROFLMAO:

3. Profanity. I am not a fan of the rule. I type how I talk. And I am an adult, not a kindergartener. Sure....I am not for droping F-bombs left and right....but just what constitutes profanity? Or concealing it? There is profanity in this VERY thread as I just read through it. I often see @ and $$ used together. (and have done so myself). Is there a list of explicitly prohibited words? Or a list of acceptable ones? Or as the rules state...."excessive" profanity is prohibited. So how exactly does THIS cite define "excessive"......

4. Religious topics. The simple word GOD can be defined as religious. As is prayer. How many times do we see people offer "prayers" for someone that is injured, ill, in an accident, etc?

5. Political topics....almost everything can be construed as political. I get it.....you dont want a free for all like I have seen here in the past before TNT. But simply discussing gas prices, or a proposed pipeline that might hit close to home for someone, or even discussing taxes related to small business or farming, or local building codes, ROW's, etc. All "can" be political.

Quite simply the rules are NOT black and white. And people interpret them differently. And deleting posts, handing out bans and suspensions without further clarification, and doing so in an inconsistent manner is the rub from what I gather. If you interpret the rules as black and white....SEVERAL have been violated in this very thread. More transparency and more communication when infractions occur would certainly be welcomed in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.