Thinking outside the box

/ Thinking outside the box #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
As some already know. I use my tractor strictly for snow clearing. That being said I've only been out once so far this winter plowing snow and there's no snow on the ground here now at all.

Over the holidays I managed to get some time to myself in the shop so I fabricated a PTO guard for the rear PTO and while I was at that I decided to build a storage box up in the front where the weights would normally hang.

Well as I got going at it I decided to add a few other items to it such as cornering LED quad strobe lights, Stainless steel locking latch, Gas shock for the lid, Machined hinges with grease nipples and It was built out of 3/16th steel. I wanted the latch to the side of the unit for easy access. The bottom is complete as well and could act as a skid pan if need be. I also wanted to fabricate grill guards for the LED lights. It weighs in at almost 60 lbs.
There were a few challenges such as the grill guard and how I was going to integrate the box around that but I did it and I just got it installed so I figured Id show it to you.
I'll be doing a YouTube video of the complete build in a day or two on the thing.

VIDEO: YouTube - Thinking Outside The Box

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    878.8 KB · Views: 511
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 424
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 410
  • b4.JPG
    b4.JPG
    721.7 KB · Views: 484
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 404
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 388
  • comp1.jpg
    comp1.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 542
  • comp2.jpg
    comp2.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 373
  • comp3.jpg
    comp3.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 449
  • comp4.jpg
    comp4.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 423
  • comp5.jpg
    comp5.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 498
  • comp6.jpg
    comp6.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 425
  • comp7.jpg
    comp7.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 544
  • comp8.jpg
    comp8.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
   / Thinking outside the box #2  
You just aint right Paul! Nice job:thumbsup:

/ Thinking outside the box #5  
Paul,

Congratulations on another fantastic build! Wow, when you get some extra time on your hands, look out! I do hope you made an extra one - that will look really nice on the front of my Grand L!

Some questions for you:
1. How did you end up connecting it to the front brush guard? I couldn't really tell by the pictures.

2. I noticed that you included a 12v adapter plug - what do you envision using this for? Or was it just a matter of 'you could'?

3. When you start a project like this, do sketch it out in detail before you start or just sort of create as you go?

Looking forward to the video - please put a link on this thread once you get it done.

Take care,

/ Thinking outside the box #6  
Paul,

One other question - what about that rear PTO guard? Can you post some pics of that project as well?

Thanks,

/ Thinking outside the box #7  
Love all your custom stuff! This is no exception. :thumbsup:

/ Thinking outside the box #8  
Wow. Nice job. I peeked at your profile. Yes, you are a perfectionist. How did you attach the round stock to the mounting tabs on the corner light guards? I don't see a weld.

Kevin

/ Thinking outside the box #10  
Great job as always Paul. You should sell that design to Kabota. I always look forward to your projects. How did you make the lip on the lid?
Bill