They Shall Not Grow Old

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #11  
Stuff about the Somme and such makes me angry that the population at large are such suckers. Send the Politicians kids first to be used as canon fodder and then we'll see where we go from there.

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #12  
The last thing I need as a First Sergeant is some politician's kid. Many others fit in this category as well. But I digress.

This country needs mandatory 3 year service, men and women.

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #13  
The last thing I need as a First Sergeant is some politician's kid. Many others fit in this category as well. But I digress.

This country needs mandatory 3 year service, men and women.
I agree, although believe that not all should be in military service. There are plenty of places in this country which would benefit from a 3 year task force.

Apparently the movie is only scheduled once more, two days after Christmas. I don't see myself driving to Massachusetts to see it. It is available overseas in DVD; hopefully that will work it's way to this side of the ocean.

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #14  
I agree, although believe that not all should be in military service. There are plenty of places in this country which would benefit from a 3 year task force.

That 3 years (2 would be alright also) commitment should be the expected minimum service and should be paid but NOT come with any extended additional benefits. It shouldn’t become another long time welfare program.

TBS

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #15  
First time I've ever ordered tickets online.

Exactly what is a "Convenience Fee" and what is their justification for bending me over for the additional 15% charge for making their life easier?

Movie?.png

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #17  
That 3 years (2 would be alright also) commitment should be the expected minimum service and should be paid but NOT come with any extended additional benefits. It shouldn’t become another long time welfare program.

TBS

:thumbsup: I regret not going into some branch of the service; if not fresh out of high school than at some point further down the road. It would have gotten my ***** out of New England, expanded my horizons, and I would have seen how other people live.

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #18  
:thumbsup: I regret not going into some branch of the service; if not fresh out of high school than at some point further down the road. It would have gotten my ***** out of New England, expanded my horizons, and I would have seen how other people live.

There are a lot of good reasons to engage in selfless service to your country. You’ve mentioned some very good ones.

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #19  
I was watching a documentary on the HMS Hood last night. 1500 Died (many not older than 16) on that, 3 survived and three days later 2000 perished on the Bismark in retaliation. Not a woman among them, I'm sure! And those figures are absolutely nothing compared to some (not even battles) but simply WW1 blunders.

/ They Shall Not Grow Old #20  
I was told that this movie will have it's full release in a month or some by someone last night, but I'm not finding a reference to that. Can anyone confirm?