They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #21  
I'd imagine if you had an allergy to something in dairy milk, you might do better to avoid it. Used to keep dairy goats and i notice when drinking their milk that i had less phlegm from drinking it. Also noticed you really want to make sure the goats don't get into willows and eat them, their milk gets a very strong taste.
I drink a tad over 2 gallons of milk each week, along with a handful of cookies, swiss cake rolls, oatmeal cream pies, nutty bars, or whatever I can grab. That, along with my regular meals is a tad over 4000 calories per day. My blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol are all normal. My doctor says I’m a freak of nature and that I’m driving my pancreas on overdrive and someday it may catch up to me, especially if I stop physical activity. He has no idea why I’m not a diabetic with the amounts of sugar and carbs I ingest each day. I‘m on my feet about 6-7 hours per day, use a rowing machine daily, and take a brisk walk after dinner whenever it’s possible.

With that said, my wife, who eats very healthy, rides an elliptical machine about 45-60 minutes per day on a vigorously high setting(5 minutes on that setting makes me want to barf), along with a brisk walk after dinner most days, gets 9 hours of sleep a night, has to take blood pressure medication and her cholesterol will skyrocket if she looks at half a donut.

It’s not fair. Genes play a big part of it, I’m convinced. So you and your doctor have to figure out what’s best for you. Taking your doctor’s advice is another story. ;)

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #22  
This is what the study actually said:

"Long-term exposure to circulating phospholipid pentadecanoic, heptadecanoic, or trans-palmitoleic acids was not significantly associated with total mortality or incident CVD among older adults. High circulating heptadecanoic acid was inversely associated with CVD and stroke mortality and potentially associated with higher risk of non-CVD death."

It said nothing about being good for you. :cautious:

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #23  
Right? We do have a few dairies as fresh milk does not travel well. I've lived in both states. Driving around on rural roads you can see the difference in breeds in the pastures.
I try to stay away from sugar and won't touch anything that says low fat or artificial sweetner. I eat lots of beef (Big Green Egg!!) and beer :)

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #24  
Milk, cheese, eggs, beef and pork compromises a good diet as far as I'm concerned.
Besides which whole milk is 96% fat free.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #25  
I’ve had two doctors over the years tell me a beer a day was good. Does that make it good? Who knows. It is ultimately all up to what we choose to believe.…..believe it or not.
If one beer is good, wouldn't 6 beers be better????

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #26  
I agree that people need to do what works for themselves. There is a lot of hookum out there. Over that last few years my weight has been getting out of control because I have a high stress job that involves virtually no activity and love to eat. I've tried the gym and virtually every diet out there. Minimal to no results. Always end up very hungry and fatter than ever. I bought GOLO and used it. That was embarrassing and my lowest point ever.

I stopped dieting and just started counting calories in Feb this year. I've lost 50 pounds and have a bit farther to go. So far I've learned:
- I can have anything I want, but I only have so many calories to play with. So 1 twinkie or a huge pile of veggies. Veggies win.
- Chicken, eggs, fish, pork, and lean beef are not as calorie dense as I expected.
- Pasta, milk and cheese are insanely calorie dense. So hard to quit these.
- Oils and butter - super calorie dense. I was a huge fan of olive oil. I consume much less now.
- Bread and beer are not that calorie loaded, but both can sneak up on you. Hard to have just one slice or one cold one!
- Doing cardio and weight training burn lots of calories and if I burn 500 in the gym, I can have more food!
- Putting muscle on and losing fat can be done, but its a weird ratio and it only happens one-at-a-time.
- It takes a lot of effort to burn a significant amount of calories per day in the gym. Moss, you probably don't notice how much your body burn fuel because you are busy at work. A carpenter friend said that he needs 4500 calories a day or he begins to feel sick.

I'm 6'1" and now 275. I want to get to 240ish. My calorie goal is set to 1730 calories per day, but I include the calories I "gain" at the gym. I usually get about 400-500 extra. Marathon days I get up to 700 more (but those will whip my butt). My watch tracks my workouts and I input my food each meal.

Point is - old school is the best school. Too fat? Eat less. Exercise more. But nobody like to hear that. I didn't.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #27  
I believe our bodies can handle natural occurring fat in food a whole lot better than this crap the put in non dairy fat products. I call those products plastic, America's love of plastic is ever so getting larger, as so much of our food is not food. But food-like. Sugar is a much more health threat more so, most people seem to forget that most vitamins are fat soluble.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #30  
To lose weight, here is what works for me every time I try it. First, I am about 6' tall, 210 lbs late 50's. I would prefer to be between 170-180 lbs. I just feel so much better at that weight and it's much easier on my bad knees.

I have a sweet tooth and really enjoy sugar and powdered creamer in my 4 cup per day coffee habit. When I want to lose weight I switch to black coffee. That cuts out about 300 calories, 60 grams of carbs, and 6 grams of fat in my case. I also switch from 1 or 2 12 oz. sodas per day to water which cuts out another 350 calories and 100 grams of carbs.

I can usually drop 2 to 3 pounds per week with those two changes. Eventually I'll go back to my bad habits and the weight will come back on. This round I've dropped about 8 pounds after two weeks of my no soda/black coffee diet.