They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #31  
Last time I checked, no one gets out alive so why put constraints on your diet when in the end, you either wind up on a box or an urn.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #32  
Bring severely lactose intolerant (read as hospital stay, not upset tummy) it is hard for me to eat in most restaurants and fast food places are pretty much off the list.

Milk and dairy are pushed very hard in this country by marketing and that does not make it healthier, or less healthy either.

Cheese sauces are a good way for a restaurant to cover lack of cooking knowledge, as is salt.

Eating gobs of margarine to replace butter is not healthy either.

My wife has extremely low cholesterol, which is very dangerous and needs cholesterol in her diet pretty much daily to be healthy. I produce cholesterol, so even on a low cholesterol diet, my cholesterol goes up.

Genetics plays a huge role and most Dr do not even take this into consideration.
Pretty scary that such "smart" people overlook obvious markers on how to recommend proper diets.

I had one "DR" recommend yogurt in small amounts to get over my dairy issue.
This literally would have killed me, but he knows better. :cool:

Balanced diets always seem to work best, but outliers need to take care of themselves and be wary of recommendations by people who have no idea who you are, no less your needs.

These studies really irk me as they only look at mainstream and change their conclusions every year, sometimes based on who pays for the study.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #33  
FBastard.jpg

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #34  
Last time I checked, no one gets out alive so why put constraints on your diet when in the end, you either wind up on a box or an urn.
Quality of life is why for me. I feel better when I weigh less and may even live a little bit longer to be with my wife and young son.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #36  
Because you'd look funny with 12 pallbearers instead of 6.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #39  
It's called quality of life. I use to think the same until I passed 50. At 57 I'm working harder to stop shoving food in my mouth.
I don't want to have to limp because my knees are hurting or take medication to get me through the day because I'm obese.
Right now I can still play full court basketball but I also need to lose more weight.