The things that we do and why...

/ The things that we do and why... #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
The things that we do and why, is it lack of foreknowledge or skill and ability? not sure but I'm going to trim some trees this spring. So I thought I'd go to today's modern video collage, YouTube and learn how and what's the cheapest way of doing this in my mind easy task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idXt9taSA5Q

/ The things that we do and why... #2  
Wow.....we had a guy killed about 5 years ago in town doing something very similar. He was trimming branches on top of a ladder.....had the branch push his ladder out and fell about 25 ft. Sad thing.......his wife was gone for the weekend.....she found him couple days after the accident.

/ The things that we do and why... #3  
That was sad to watch.

/ The things that we do and why... #4  
I don't like watching people get hurt.

/ The things that we do and why... #5  
Should've made a small undercut first. May not have helped though. Good example why you should be on a rope or be using a bucket that high up.

/ The things that we do and why... #7  
The best way to trim a tree is to make the first cut about 2 feet above the ground. :D

/ The things that we do and why... #8  
When you do something and the reaction you get from onlookers is: "911 or not?!!" You know it didn't go right.

I hope his buddy hands him back his beer so he has a drink for the ambulance ride. I mean, when you say "Hold my beer and watch this" you do expect it back!!

/ The things that we do and why...
After seeing how that limp fell, I'm not sure if cutting 2 in. under first would of helped. Looks to me the best way to cut a limp off is some how get above it, at-least that's what I intend to do, either that or I'll cut the whole tree down. Some people say, live and learn, I prefer watch and learn.

/ The things that we do and why... #10  
After seeing how that limp fell, I'm not sure if cutting 2 in. under first would of helped. Looks to me the best way to cut a limp off is some how get above it, at-least that's what I intend to do, either that or I'll cut the whole tree down. Some people say, live and learn, I prefer watch and learn.

Yeah, what Boomer said!

First of all, GOD bless that painfully ignorant victim of the earth sucking. (I hear tell that there is no such thing as the law of gravity, it's just that the earth sucks...)

I can't say that I've ever limbed quite that high up, but even so, I ALWAYS tie both myself and the ladder off, I usually do make an under cut to keep from having a swinging arm, and if at all possible, I do my best to get a lead rope over the limb far enough out from the tree to provide leverage while being pulled on by someone on the ground, but far enough away to avoid being hit by it (or preferably tensioned by a truck, tractor, or come-along.

Thomas

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

GOULDS SUBMERSIBLE SEWER PUMP. MODEL WS2034D3, 2HP. 3 PHASE (A34808)
GOULDS SUBMERSIBLE...
1028 930H CATERPILLAR WHEEL LOADER C/A 20.5XR25 13233HRS S/N:CAT0930HADHC00809 (A34733)
1028 930H...
Sany 24" Bucket for Excavator SY75/SY80/SY95 and Backhoe SLB95 (A33113)
Sany 24" Bucket...
QUICK ATTACH (A34808)
QUICK ATTACH (A34808)
New 10' Work Bench with 15 Drawers & 2 Cabinets (A34302)
New 10' Work Bench...
2017 John Deere SF 6000 (A33028)
2017 John Deere SF...