The Resting Place.

/ The Resting Place. #671  
   / The Resting Place. #672  
Met Dick Butkus in Las Vegas at a charity Pro-Am tournament. Very nice guy. What a player!

I was the pro and Mike Scott, the Astros pitcher, was the athlete celebrity on my team. This was just after his no-hitter to clinch the season championship. I hit the ball pretty far, but he was right out there with me.

Great tournament, fine memories.
When I was a kid, I was supposed to go to a local high school football game with my dad to see Dick Butkus. He was there for some event. I got the flu and couldn't go. :confused:

My dad went and got him to autograph a small toy football for me. Still have it somewhere.

(of course, there's the possibility dad autographed it himself to cheer me up, but I never got to ask him :LOL: )

/ The Resting Place. #673  
When I was a kid, I was supposed to go to a local high school football game with my dad to see Dick Butkus. He was there for some event. I got the flu and couldn't go. :confused:

My dad went and got him to autograph a small toy football for me. Still have it somewhere.

(of course, there's the possibility dad autographed it himself to cheer me up, but I never got to ask him :LOL: )
Sounds like trip to Antiques Roadshow to me. Get that football checked out.

/ The Resting Place. #675  
Why haven't you pruned the multiple pages of this thread that violate rules?
I don't see any rules broken. As the conversations spurred by individuals who passed on. Conversations talking a lot about term limits and opinions of individuals..

Those conversations happen about every individual mentioned on this thread many of them were not politicians.

That conversation and banter is what makes the thread interesting. if you're going to get rid of all that, you might as well shut the thread down.

We can go learn about who died today anywhere.

My comments, about them turning it into a political discussion, were tongue in cheek.

/ The Resting Place. #676  
Closed pending cleanup. Will reopen

/ The Resting Place. #678  
Terry Kirkman, lead singer for the Association

Attachments

• IMG_0616.png
    IMG_0616.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
   / The Resting Place. #679  
I too enjoy some chitchat that this thread provides….

Sometimes the mere fact that the people we post on here brings back, so many memories is bound to create, said, chitchat

Thanks to Muhamad for recognition of that fact!

/ The Resting Place. #680  
the problem is if you go into the politics area, it's such a nasty mosh pit of crazy people
that you can't help but get combative, upset and nasty yourself.
Most of us want something else, to talk about political issues among people we respect, folks we have seen write on
other matters and who we, over the years, have come to look forward to seeing input from.
Problem is the nasty folks ruin it for the rest of us.
So discussion is reduced, which is not good for reducing polarization.
We sure have too much of that.

So I really get it why Muhummad has to do this. Sure wish he didn't have to.
if we self police/self restrain, he won't have to.

my long time business partner died this week. I've had mortality on my mind.
whole generation of us older folks passing
He passed two months after his wife did, so I'm going to a double memorial.
At the local fire house, where he was Chief for many years.
Our office was a block from the firehouse and we were usually on the first truck out.
I think about all the good he did over his life
and I'm hoping his resting place will be a good one.