The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner?

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #261  
Definitely my tractor. My fault; my wife had always told me "if you think we should get one, get one" but I always thought I didn't have quite enough work to do with one and that I could rent if I had enough work pile up, but then I always got the shovel and wheelbarrow and did it with muscle and just fell behind because I never wanted the work to pile up... finally got the tractor and I've done more to this place in the last 5 years than I'd done in the previous 15 without.

I tell this to people I know who're just moving to land out here; so far one has taken the advice and loves the tractor and his land and the others are falling behind and are overworked and gradually hating being in the country.

I occasionally joke to my wife that we need a BX sized tractor* to get into tight spots and she's like "get me a tractor!" but even those tight spots I can get my tractor within 40' of and the wheelbarrow isn't holding us back in that case, so I'm not doing the BX. Yet. Maybe next place, if there's more work to do in tight places. (*: it would really only need a loader... we're not talking that much money... doesn't need to me new... hmmm)

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #262  
I bought a Hisun E1 electric UTV for around the farm several years back. Although I wouldn't want to use it for recreation purposes (such going out in the woods.., too little range), it is ideal for around the farm with its near-zero maintenance, ease of use, and general handiness. It is sort of like a cross between a normal UTV and 4wd golf cart with more batteries, higher top end speed. and features such as a winch, differential lock, tow hitch, good lights and so on. So much handier and trouble free than a gas powered unit! No oil changes, no gasoline refilling, no wondering if it will start on a zero degree day. It gets between 2 and 10 miles on it virtually every day, and is always ready to just jump in and go. It has its own parking spot near my house and a 110 v plug-in that is usually connected when not in use.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #263  
I got more done after buying just a little BX in 6 months than the previous 5 years. Same goes when I added the bigger LS with BH

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #264  
If I had to choose something cheap-ish that I wish I'd gotten earlier, idk I may've mentioned it before but
1693415019934.png

To think I f'd around with using ropes with a bit of tape every 10' to roughly measure stuff for 20 years and then someone uses the rope for a different job and i can't find it next month

i finally decided to buy one of these and found out they were actually cheap, spent $13 at my local hw store no more tangled rope, pretty dang accurate (definitely better than the 10' marks on the rope)

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #265  
If I had to choose something cheap-ish that I wish I'd gotten earlier, idk I may've mentioned it before but
View attachment 818697
To think I f'd around with using ropes with a bit of tape every 10' to roughly measure stuff for 20 years and then someone uses the rope for a different job and i can't find it next month

i finally decided to buy one of these and found out they were actually cheap, spent $13 at my local hw store no more tangled rope, pretty dang accurate (definitely better than the 10' marks on the rope)
And I can’t find mine.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #266  
An electric golf cart outfitted with a cargo box and big lug tires... handy as heck for scooting around the ranch, outback, and neighbor visits. At the time it was much cheaper than a SxS.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 59
   / The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #267  
Nice-ish rifle scopes. Still in that $250 range. Looking at just adds, I always questioned, why pay $250 for a 3-9×40 when this or that store brand has a 3-9×40 for $69. Not saying the $69 one doesn't work, but something about the clarity makes it 'seem' like it's gorgeous more magnification. I'm almost scared to look through some actually top quality, cause I would want to buy them, and I don't want to spend $1200+ or even $600 on each scope.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #268  
Nice-ish rifle scopes. Still in that $250 range. Looking at just adds, I always questioned, why pay $250 for a 3-9×40 when this or that store brand has a 3-9×40 for $69. Not saying the $69 one doesn't work, but something about the clarity makes it 'seem' like it's gorgeous more magnification. I'm almost scared to look through some actually top quality, cause I would want to buy them, and I don't want to spend $1200+ or even $600 on each scope.
definitely agree, a good scope not only has better clarity but the eye relief makes you feel comfortable enough using it that you're transported into the magnified view rather than struggling with it

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #270  
Since I'm not a fabricator or welder I found that the Big Tool Rack was worth the price. I can load up quite the assortment of tools and equipment when I go out on the property and chances are I will always have what I need for the project I run into. No more running back to the shop to get the right item.