Buying Advice The evolution of Chinese Tractors

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors
Chinese factories can do that but then they can't compete on price, modern factorys, highly skilled work force and all quality control costs money even in china.
agreed but I feel that's evolved we are now seeing big brands stamp their name on Chinese tractors using the same factory, staff and quality control so we are seeing high end products at Chinese prices. I've worked on many Chinese tractors in the past

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #22  
Problem is that a hyper modern, automated factory cost much the same everywhere, China have had a shortage on engineers and highly skilled workforce so wages goes up to a level witch makes it to expensive to use China.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #23  
I am sure they are and will be evolving further over time, however I and I am sure others, are not willing to spend their hard earned money to find out if they have evolved enough.

With plenty of brands in the marked that involve zero risk, why buy Chinese?
I'm not so sure about zero risk with purchasing any brand tractor that isn't Chinese. The Chinese tractor market is huge. Are they all bad? Yes, I own an Agrison SH100 and apart from a couple of loose cab mount bolts when purchased 4 years ago, I have had no problems with it. As a retired, used machinery buyer/seller I can see the value in it and at the risk of being tagged as promoting the product I like the fact that the only electronics on it are in the radio.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #24  
I'm not so sure about zero risk with purchasing any brand tractor that isn't Chinese. The Chinese tractor market is huge. Are they all bad? Yes, I own an Agrison SH100 and apart from a couple of loose cab mount bolts when purchased 4 years ago, I have had no problems with it. As a retired, used machinery buyer/seller I can see the value in it and at the risk of being tagged as promoting the product I like the fact that the only electronics on it are in the radio.
Agrison Australia looks like it went belly up.
One after another one star reviews with serious issues.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #25  
Yes it is 2wd and 4wd and dealer advised that 4wd only to be used when needed when loosing traction etc similar to a car. Luckily my property isn't too hilly but I have put the 4wd to use with the fel so far no problems.
As I said fellas i havnt had this tractor for years it's only new and I've said so far so good I do hope my tractor stands up to the test in the long run.
I only new to the computer and Internet and my PC doesn't have a camera so I need to buy a camera and somehow figure out how to upload.
This confuses me a little bit.
I would think a car with all wheel drive only uses its ability to gain a little extra traction on an as needed basis.
BUT a truck, Jeep or ATV would have me thinking the 4 wheel drive could be used to avoid getting stuck or conquer some unruly terrain.
To me having a tractor that might be suitable to drive down the street and get the mail but not suitable to put in 4x4 and tackle dropping down into our ravine and crossing the creek on the far side to drag a fallen tree out just seems odd. Isn't the the point of having a tractor to be able to complete work in places your car isn't meant to go? I honestly don't see a PTO or hydraulics on my car. Guess hubby didn't check that option box when he ordered it for me🙃
Anyway if I put any of our trucks, jeep, or tractors in 4 wheel drive I don't think I should have to worry about voiding the warrantee because I used it too soon or for 50 feet instead of 25. My lord I would have voided the warrantee just getting the mail on a snowy Day!

Some things and thought processes become harder and harder to understand on a daily basis 🙄

Janet

Last edited:
   / The evolution of Chinese Tractors #26  
agreed but I feel that's evolved we are now seeing big brands stamp their name on Chinese tractors using the same factory, staff and quality control so we are seeing high end products at Chinese prices. I've worked on many Chinese tractors in the past
They are not just stamping their name on things. They are actually paying people to live abroad and oversee the process to ensure no cost cutting measures are snuck in.
I have some young family members who are employed in this very capacity.

Janet

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #27  
Those who are old enough remember that for 10, 15, 20 years after WWII, anything from Japan was “Chineseium🤣”. But they eventually learned to improve engineering and quality and now produce some of the highest quality in the world. The Chinese will learn also.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #29  
Lol, no red flags here at all with the original poster ...

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #30  
I guess you have a point but what is a normal tractor these days? I've worked on new Hollands and case tractors brand new under 500 hours electrical failures. The tractors these days have turned into robots too much electronics I can't keep up. That's why I prefer the Chinese so much easier to work on and work out what went wrong and easily fixed

If you don't mind, can you give us a little more detailed information on your extensive work experience?