Buying Advice The evolution of Chinese Tractors

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #11  
Hi guys I am quite new to this forum. I have just bought myself a chinese tractor and yes i was sceptical for a while, there has been this constant bashing of chinese tractors...well products really. Every thing comes from china, and all machinery these days are coming from China including major international brands. I have posted before but feel the need to post again that the Agrison 80hp I recently purchased is made in the deutz fahr factory in china. and whats even more obvious is the overall quality finish, from the seals to the welding, paint job, hydraulic hoses is possibly the best I've seen on chinese tractors to date. I'm still in awe that i only paid $29,990 for it :cool2::cool2::cool2: sorry don't want to be seen as a rant, but honestly chinese tractors have come a very long way and seeing as they are now even made in top factories with other international brands, could be the reason why they are evolving over time. very interested in hearing about everyone else and their experience with chinese tractors overall. would love to hear from you.

Hmmmm....we have someone who has been a member here for a few days, and every single post is seemingly on this very topic and many are the exact same words....cut and paste. Some seem to have been after searching for old threads on the topic. That's what I call "interesting" at the very least. Why go to the effort to find a thread that's a couple of years old and then cut and paste this same response?

I noted in another thread that you decided to join here after buying your new tractor. That's pretty unusual for most new members here....normally they join before, while they're trying to make a decision. Also, if you just bought your tractor, how do you know if it's going to be reliable, or perform well over time, since that seems to be the focus of your posts....that Chinese tractors offer good quality.

I've seen a few folks ask you for pictures of your tractor....we all love pictures, but you said you're new to computers and don't know how to do that. It's actually very simple. If you look at the icons just above the window where the text is when you're typing, you'll see buttons. The third button from the right is what you click to upload a picture. :thumbsup:

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #12  
I joined AFTER I bought my MF 65 & mu current Yanmar 276D.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #13  
Thought I wold mention my experiences with my 2007 Jinma 554 tractor. For what I paid it has served me very well and continues to do so. Have had a few things broken - nothing too major, and was able to fix and repair in a few days (sat two weeks max. - US parts supplier and UPS fault).
For my needs the tractor has been excellent - my only regret is I didn't buy a cab tractor (didn't even give a thought then). Pricewise Jinma approx. 1/3 to 1/4 of a comparable JD or MF in Canada.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #14  
I also like my chinese tractor and never even tried to start the Ford 3000 for snow clearing this winter ( the Rhino starts with out plugging in the block heater and has 4x4).

Congrats on the new machine- but We do love pictures on tbn so please post some Pictures of your new machine since you got it home.:thumbsup:

Not sure? I have ever seen a Duetz version Chinese tractor,

Does your new Agrison tractor allow for 4x4 operation?

Another earlier poster awhile back linked to a picture of a decal on his smaller Agrison that stated that using 4x4 for anything other than getting unstuck when immobile would Void the tractors warranty.

I use the 4x4 on my chinese tractor a lot and that caveat would pose a problem for me on a new tractor.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #15  
Does your new Agrison tractor allow for 4x4 operation?

Another earlier poster awhile back linked to a picture of a decal on his smaller Agrison that stated that using 4x4 for anything other than getting unstuck when immobile would Void the tractors warranty.

:laughing: ......so by warranty you can't turn on your 4WD to quickly getting through a mud hole & avoid getting stuck; you first have to attempt getting through the mud in 2WD, maybe leave 30 feet of 2' deep ruts, only when you are stuck, maybe buried up to the axle....only THEN you can try the 4WD. :confused2:

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #16  
I've seen several ads for newish Chinese tractors either being sold as parts/repair or running with very little hours on them. That does not encourage me.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors
Yes it is 2wd and 4wd and dealer advised that 4wd only to be used when needed when loosing traction etc similar to a car. Luckily my property isn't too hilly but I have put the 4wd to use with the fel so far no problems.
As I said fellas i havnt had this tractor for years it's only new and I've said so far so good I do hope my tractor stands up to the test in the long run.
I only new to the computer and Internet and my PC doesn't have a camera so I need to buy a camera and somehow figure out how to upload.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #18  
Yes it is 2wd and 4wd and dealer advised that 4wd only to be used when needed when loosing traction etc similar to a car. Luckily my property isn't too hilly but I have put the 4wd to use with the fel so far no problems.
As I said fellas i havnt had this tractor for years it's only new and I've said so far so good I do hope my tractor stands up to the test in the long run.
I only new to the computer and Internet and my PC doesn't have a camera so I need to buy a camera and somehow figure out how to upload.

Rob I have started just using my trac phone ( not sure if they are available there?) but now that tbn limits the photos to less than 1 mega pixel, i just pull the micro sd out of the phone and transfer it into the laptop for up load. That way there generally is no need to re-size them. There are several other ways to do it.

I have heard good things about Deutz tractors in the past, if yours is built on one of their designs, then it should be pretty solid.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #19  
One BIG thing that makes the Deutz tractors so reliable is, the HIGH quality steel and machining of that steel!

And, that's one area that china pretty much fails on over and over...

SR

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #20  
Chinese factories can do that but then they can't compete on price, modern factorys, highly skilled work force and all quality control costs money even in china.