Buying Advice The evolution of Chinese Tractors

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #31  
Interesting and odd thread. Revived after a six year hiatus but not much real information. When we built here many years before that, the head of our purchasing department where I worked recommended I buy a Chinese tractor. His whole basis for that choice - "They're dirt cheap". I should note that HE owned a Kubota:)

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #32  
Interesting and odd thread. Revived after a six year hiatus but not much real information. When we built here many years before that, the head of our purchasing department where I worked recommended I buy a Chinese tractor. His whole basis for that choice - "They're dirt cheap". I should note that HE owned a Kubota:)
Buy two or three, then you can always have one running and spare parts will be on hand. Hopefully all the parts are interchangeable.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #33  
Sounds like the theory for buying Russian tractors at one point. Buy two and keep one working.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #34  
I deal with enough Chinese crap at work. I avoid anything made in China at all cost. I pay more for made in America. I do buy Japanese and German manufacture’s products but at all cost I try to avoid China and India Mande

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #35  
Just thought I would add I bought a Jinma in 2005. The hydraulics on it are the absolute worst. I had to put an American loader valve on it to get it to work properly.
The basic tractor though has been very well. I did have to change a gear in the trans when a tooth broke. Other than that it has been reliable. I got 15 years out of the original China battery. There are no electronics in it. It is all old fashioned gear drive and clutch.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #36  
Bought my Jinma new as a crate in 2007. 1100-ish hrs now. Absolutely no regrets other than I should've went with 35 HP instead.
Yes, the loader valves are junk, at least then they were.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #37  
Bought my Jinma new as a crate in 2007. 1100-ish hrs now. Absolutely no regrets other than I should've went with 35 HP instead.
That's what I have, the 354, 35 hp.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #38  
edit
Rhino 554 has been a Good tractor.
29 years and counting.

Last edited:
   / The evolution of Chinese Tractors #39  
I am sure they are and will be evolving further over time, however I and I am sure others, are not willing to spend their hard earned money to find out if they have evolved enough.

With plenty of brands in the marked that involve zero risk, why buy Chinese?
Some people only care about price. Literally, that is all they care about.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #40  
Well, how had it held up if you added a zero to those 1100 hours?