Terramite parts sources?

/ Terramite parts sources? #12  

I had looked at that site, it might be that I am missing something, but I can't seem to find any specs on them [tc5] how high can they lift with the loader bucket, and how much can they lift, what is the weight of the machine. I wish that the company has great success as long as they continue making the tractor in USA.

/ Terramite parts sources? #13  
toy, As for lifting this is about all my 20+ year old machine will handle. :)
1005397s.jpg

Actually I have moved bigger rocks, loading the rear bucket and extending it a little will help keep the rear end on the ground when overloading the front. Here is another the same day last week
1005401w.jpg

The single cylinder roll-back could be stronger but if you can get under a load and push against a tree or something solid to help roll the bucket back then the double cylinder lift will carry more than the weight of the rear can counterbalance.

Travis5218, A company presence here is much appreciated. As you can see I'm working in a lot of rock. Worried about the possibility of one just the right size getting under the machine and damaging something I recently made a skid plate for the under side. After I installed it I could see that it might restrict airflow to the pump and transmission. I wonder if you could consult the engineering department to ask if this might cause a problem. It will be easy enough to cut some vents in the plate. I believe it would be a good addition because when I'm not in rocks I'm working in a wooded area and often have to pull errant sticks and grape vine out of the open lower area.

Rock blasting video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZgbNO8us30&list=UU9i_mkUQGLNDaxlvXw50dBA&index=12&feature=plcp]Blasting Tennessee Limestone - YouTube[/ame]

Matt

/ Terramite parts sources? #14  
The tie rod ends on my T9 were getting pretty sloppy so I went to take them off last evening. My local NAPA said they could maybe match them up. When I got to removing them, it was not the ball joints but rather the tapered shaft that was loose. If I had a way to hold the tapered part, I could have removed the castle nuts and shimmed them up with some washers. I guess I could have tried to heat them up with the torch then somehow get some tension on the shaft.

I decided to go ahead and cut them off then headed over to NAPA today. My NAPA guy is pretty sharp but could not match them up dimensionally so on to plan "B". I called Terremite parts. The parts person gave me a NAPA number. Okay?

So, I call NAPA back, good number, two of them will be in tomorrow for sure, maybe the third one on Monday. The bad part? Thirty five a pop!

O'well, gotta have it. Anyway, this was the first time I ever called Terremite and I was pleasently surprised that they would recommend simply going to NAPA.

/ Terramite parts sources? #15  
you can also order hydraulic seals at; theoringstore.com,for the 5b with alum piston the seal number is u31-1.37-sqb that seal will work on all the cylinders except the boom,you can also order the o-rings. where terramite gets you is with their 22.00 freight charge to send you a kit that could be mailed for less than a dollar,they got me once bot not again.

/ Terramite parts sources? #16  
Hey Travis, I am kicking around the idea of having a back up motor setting on my shelf. I have a 2001 T5C with a 20 hp Honda, any suggestions where I can find one?

/ Terramite parts sources? #17  
IMO, the T5C would be much improved with a small diesel for improved fuel economy and torque. If you could figure out what would interchange, that would be the ticket.

/ Terramite parts sources? #18  
I ran a small Kobota last year for a guy that had a diesel in it. Maybe it was smaller than my 20 hp honda, the back hoe was physically the same size of my t5c but it did not impress me at all, the terramite would work circles around it. But maybe there is a economy advantage, but will the cost of the motor (although I would think it would long out last a gas fuel motor too) justify the fuel savings?

/ Terramite parts sources? #20  
Hi there, hey I tried to take my outrigger cylinder apart tonight, no luck. Center punched the spaner holes on the end of the cylinder, expecting the restraining wire to come out but it did not. What am I doing wrong or missing. Dave