Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,421  
Some just don’t care to fly and all that goes with it???

Of course point A to B flying will get you there the fastest according to schedule.

My trips North are 12 hour five or 5 hour door to door fly and about 19 by train.

When I drive 6 pm is my arrival time and ty he train arrives at 6 pm

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,422  
Was watching an episode of Adam 12 last night. Malloy and Reed had 5 suspects on the ground. Reed covered them while Malloy used his handcuffs on one of them. He used Reed's handcuffs on a second one. My brain said now what's he gonna do with the other three, and immediately Malloy takes his hat off and shakes out several ZIP TIES that were coiled up inside the hat and uses them on the 3rd suspect.

I did not know that cops had ZIP TIES in the late 60's early 70's.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,423  
I remember a story about an elderly lady asking her travel agent for a train ticket from CA to NY. The agent replied that for about the same money she could fly and get there in a fraction of the time a train would take thus saving lots of time.
The old lady replied, Darling, I've been saving time all my life it's about time I start spending some of it. :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,424  
Was watching an episode of Adam 12 last night. Malloy and Reed had 5 suspects on the ground. Reed covered them while Malloy used his handcuffs on one of them. He used Reed's handcuffs on a second one. My brain said now what's he gonna do with the other three, and immediately Malloy takes his hat off and shakes out several ZIP TIES that were coiled up inside the hat and uses them on the 3rd suspect.

I did not know that cops had ZIP TIES in the late 60's early 70's.

I *think* it was on that series that I recall noticing that the officer's holster for his revolver was designed to expose the trigger. It looked like it could be fired while still in the holster, in a pinch.

I don't know if that was an accurate portrayal, but it's the opposite of today's mindset to protect the trigger while holstered.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,425  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,426  
I forgot it was called Barker Dam. I remember about there being cattle and there was a bunch of tiny shrimp that come out when it has water. An actual picture if the dam. When we were there it was hot but not bad, maybe mid 90’s. We didn’t take enough water with us a ran out. It’s the dry heat.
View attachment 862931
I've heard the shrimp story and often wondered whether they were the same kind of short lived shrimp sold as Sea Monkies.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,427  
I *think* it was on that series that I recall noticing that the officer's holster for his revolver was designed to expose the trigger. It looked like it could be fired while still in the holster, in a pinch.

I don't know if that was an accurate portrayal, but it's the opposite of today's mindset to protect the trigger while holstered.
Actually, they used the clamshell holster if I remember correctly. The release was activated by pushing a button reached through the trigger guard.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,428  
I've heard the shrimp story and often wondered whether they were the same kind of short lived shrimp sold as Sea Monkies.
I did some research. The information I found said that the shrimp at Joshua Tree are fairy shrimp and the ones marketed as Sea Monkeys are a hybrid type of brine shrimp. They're not the same.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,430