Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,781  
Weird. You'd think they'd just change coon to r'coon.
Two syllables wouldn't sound right though.
Some sites say their truck was a modified 1921 Oldsmobile model 43...others say a model 46 roadster.(?)
These are things keeping me awake nights!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,783  
Two syllables wouldn't sound right though.
Some sites say their truck was a modified 1921 Oldsmobile model 43...others say a model 46 roadster.(?)
These are things keeping me awake nights!
I can think of a lot worse things to lose sleep over.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,784  
Story of the car/truck here:

Bruce
A model 43...however...
"The Ralph Foster Museum's best known exhibit is a cut-down 1921 Oldsmobile Model 46 Roadster, the truck used in the original Beverly Hillbillies TV series. It was a Bicentennial gift to the museum by the show's producer, Paul Henning, who grew up nearby."

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,786  
The letter "J" was the last letter added to the English alphabet in the 1800's
And as everyone knows, people used to write "f" for "s"... but not really.

First, this long s was only used in the beginning or middle of words, never the end. The s at the end always looked like our modern s. When there was a double-s at the end of the word, only the first would use the long letter, the second would be our modern s.

Second, the long s usually didn't have a bar in the middle. It was more often an "f" missing the middle bar. When it was printed with a bar, close inspection will tell you the bar didn't cross the letter, but only existed to the left of the vertical stroke.

1695005780726.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,787  
These G force talk reminded me of Douglas Bader and his ability to endure greater G force because he had no legs... the enemy must of been wondering what was in the water in England

''Stunned by his ability, the RAF believed Bader was able to fly with greater G-forces because he had no legs. It was surmised that pilots with legs would pass out while flying at much lower G-forces, and it gave him an advantage over enemy pilots while conducting aerial maneuvers. He was successful in the Battle of France, conducting fighter sweeps over Dunkirk, and fought in large formations during the Battle of Britain.''

I read his book, "Reach for the Sky", many years ago. Great book. He had two wooden legs, which he lost when bailing out over enemy territory. The Germans couldn't believe he was a pilot, without legs.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,788  
The only way the Germans could keep Bader from escaping POW camps (he escaped several times) was to take away his legs. I think the red cross helped get him a replacement set after he was captured? Not sure I remember correctly, I read his book back in high school. Amazing fellow.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,789  
The only way the Germans could keep Bader from escaping POW camps (he escaped several times) was to take away his legs. I think the red cross helped get him a replacement set after he was captured? Not sure I remember correctly, I read his book back in high school. Amazing fellow.
the Germans had great respect towards him because he was a amputees pilots and a great pilots and they actually contacted England and made arrangement for them to drop a new prosthetic leg over The red cross may have been involve) (I believe he only lost one prosthetic leg in the crash) the German made arrangement so nobody would shoot the delivery plane down... I believe they simply threat or momentarily took his legs away but did not fact check the video I saw about him...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,790  
From IFLScience:

According to a new analysis of over 1,500 scientific papers, there are a gargantuan 36 trillion cells in the average adult male, an equally impressive 28 trillion in average adult females, and a still very substantial 17 trillion in an average 10-year-old child. In short, a lot of cells.

This Is How Many Cells There Are In The Human Body