Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,771  
I can handle the 2.84 g’s to corner my tractor 180 degrees.

But then I get dizzy.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,772  
Air Force pilots train to 9G’s. Even the females o_O
Wow! Years ago at an Air museum they had a centrifuge to ride. Wife wanted to try...it seated 2 people so we did. We were strapped in and I noticed this large red panic STOP button so I was OK.
It started slow one revolution then quickly picked up speed and container swung out!!!
I immediately held panic button even pressing with both feet!
It came to a stop, attendant let me out. A bunch of people were laughing (???).
The centrifuge started again just wife inside & I saw why everyone was laughing. Inside capsule was a camera and she was on a big monitor.
She was saying "yea...faster faster". The centrifuge was flying around for a while then finally stopped.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,774  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,775  

:)

Bruce
1694715780110.png

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,778  
Something my wife and I remember, the Beverly Hillbillies theme song "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" by Flatt & Scruggs from what we remember a lyric was originally "Then one day he was shooting for some c o o n"
was changed to "Then one day he was shooting for some food".
The shortened word for raccoon.
Maybe someone else remembers the change, probably because some people found it offensive (?). But "shooting for some food" doesn't make as much sense.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,779  
These G force talk reminded me of Douglas Bader and his ability to endure greater G force because he had no legs... the enemy must of been wondering what was in the water in England

''Stunned by his ability, the RAF believed Bader was able to fly with greater G-forces because he had no legs. It was surmised that pilots with legs would pass out while flying at much lower G-forces, and it gave him an advantage over enemy pilots while conducting aerial maneuvers. He was successful in the Battle of France, conducting fighter sweeps over Dunkirk, and fought in large formations during the Battle of Britain.''

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,780  
Something my wife and I remember, the Beverly Hillbillies theme song "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" by Flatt & Scruggs from what we remember a lyric was originally "Then one day he was shooting for some c o o n"
was changed to "Then one day he was shooting for some food".
The shortened word for raccoon.
Maybe someone else remembers the change, probably because some people found it offensive (?). But "shooting for some food" doesn't make as much sense.
Weird. You'd think they'd just change coon to r'coon.