Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,282  
When I was about 8 my younger brother and I went to the grocery store with my mother... this would have been in the late 1960s. About halfway through the store she realized that her pocketbook was at the house so left us with the cart while she drove home to get it. (About 5 miles).

I often think about that when I hear about kids disappearing today.
Nobody gave that a second thought when I was growing up. Aren't the vast majority of child abductions by someone the kid knows (relative, non-custodial parent, etc.)?

We participate every year. It is a normal everyday thing here.
Must be a lot less buggy where you live. The blackflies would eat you alive here, not to mention ticks. Haven't found a repellent that works very well on either one.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,283  
I remember being left alone to wander in our local department store as a kid, around age 3 or 4, while my mother was at the customer service desk dealing with something. I watched this guy in a cool cowboy hat and cowboy boots, jeans and denim shirt with the big buckle (1970's) come in, walk up to a podium with a box of tubes, and start plugging the into the podium one at a time. He'd press a button, and things would light up or make buzzer noises, all very exciting for a 3 year old.

So, when he left, I go over to the podium, start sticking my fingers in various holes and pressing the button. You probably figured out by now it was a TV tube tester, and at some point, I managed to get my finger into a hole that had some real voltage on it. One of those piss your pants and forget who you are for 30 minutes kind of moments.

Unlike mothers today, my mom yelled at me, not the store clerk!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,284  
Nobody gave that a second thought when I was growing up. Aren't the vast majority of child abductions by someone the kid knows (relative, non-custodial parent, etc.)?

Must be a lot less buggy where you live. The blackflies would eat you alive here, not to mention ticks. Haven't found a repellent that works very well on either one.
Ticks are absolutely horrible this year.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,285  
Seems like I always get into ticks mushroom picking, etc. I 'm always walking through brush.... It the little seed that annoy me the most, well that and picking then off the dogs in their long thick coat.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,286  
You know, a couple years of you following me around making that same comment shows an obsession, right?
Don’t flatter yourself.
It hasn’t even been one year, more like a few months, since the time I saw you make that comment. It struck me as very telling about you and it comes to mind when you say foolish things. For the most part I scroll past most of your posts without reading them.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,288  
Moss, everyone knows that you smoke weed, you let the cat out of the bag, sooo its gonna follow you around.
Loose lips sink ships, sorry but it is what it is....

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,289  
1684682854156.png

For the first 20 years of its life, the Statue of Liberty was a lighthouse.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,290  
Deleted, miss read content.

Last edited: