Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,761  
There is a corner where Steve McQueen slides past it, backs up smoking one tire (not a posi), and then takes off. He wasn’t suppose to do that, he was suppose to make the corner but after about the third try they just went with it.
It's been more than ten years (maybe more than 20?) since I've seen that chase scene, I didn't bother re-watching it now. But I still remember that one-wheel-spin reverse, when he missed the corner, and always felt it was one of the little snippets that really made the whole scene feel more real than most chase scenes. Of course you're going to miss at least one turn, in a chase like that!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,762  
The charger was driven by Bill Hickman in Bullitt. He was an actor and stunt driver in other movies like the French connection and the seven-ups.
Real interesting guy.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,763  
I always thought the Charger was a 440 not a hemi.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,765  
Here is the chase scene. Too exciting to watch out the windshield rather than look at mirror. lol!
It sure beats the CGI stuff of the last couple of decades. 😁. Or the use (over-use 😖) of those rails that flip cars seen so frequently.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,766  
1679779535457.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,768  
Wow. We just listened to it with Polk surround sound. Good grief the power!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,769  
Not really something that you don't know and I do know that it has been posted here before BUT.

Video of P-51 Voodoo at around 500 mph. Love the sound of that V-12 Packard-Merlin. Put your headphones on and turn the volume up.

Good! Man, he was carrying the mail! A few years back there was one that used to fly over our place maybe once a month or so; the growl of that Merlin was very distinctive. I was at a car show when I heard the unmistakable sound...busted my butt to get in the clear where I could see...and watched him land at the Guthrie city airport.
I would give a pretty penny to take a ride in one of those...