Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,511  
My 84 z28 had beautiful lines from outside and the most pitiful cheap looking interior.
My best friend had an 84 Z28, so I remember that interior well. Later, I had an 84 Mustang GT, which was far worse, speaking of cheap interiors.

If I recall, the Mustang (not specifically GT) was always marketed as "the least expensive V8 car in America", for at least the first 20-30 years of its production.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,512  
Just me, or is that almost as ugly as every 1980's vehicle wearing plastic rear window louvers, ground effects, a plastic visor, and every other "aggressive" bit of ugly plastic styling you can jam onto a vehicle?
There've been a lot of pointless automotive fads over the years, from the riced-out Japanese econoboxes in the 90s to the extended shackles in the rear springs of the 60s. And let's not forget "spinner" hubcaps. I suppose all were considered cool at the time, at least in some circles.

Actually, the rear window louvers were kind of practical in those hatchback cars, both to somewhat hide what was in the cargo area and to block sunlight.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,513  
There've been a lot of pointless automotive fads over the years, from the riced-out Japanese econoboxes in the 90s to the extended shackles in the rear springs of the 60s. And let's not forget "spinner" hubcaps. I suppose all were considered cool at the time, at least in some circles.

Actually, the rear window louvers were kind of practical in those hatchback cars, both to somewhat hide what was in the cargo area and to block sunlight.

I can remember wishing a hatchback that I owned had one of those snazzy louvers. It was an oven with a large glass rear window, but it did made for unparalleled rear visibility. Still, as a car buyer, who hasn't looked at the default styling or options and gone "Why? Do I have to get that?".

Personally, it is the driver's ergonomics that drives me a little batty. Hidden light switches, electronic night adjust rear view mirrors that don't actually adjust, climate and audio options hidden nine levels deep in some menu...:ROFLMAO:

All the best,

Peter

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,514  
The ‘cladding’ on cars was often a nightmare. UV rays 😣
1714325250464.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,515  

55 Olds spinners on a 55 chevy was the coolest! I even had louvered fenderskirts. Living in Albuquerque, they lasted about 2 weeks; my radio maybe a couple of months.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,516  
My best friend had an 84 Z28, so I remember that interior well. Later, I had an 84 Mustang GT, which was far worse, speaking of cheap interiors.

If I recall, the Mustang (not specifically GT) was always marketed as "the least expensive V8 car in America", for at least the first 20-30 years of its production.
I prefer your 87+ Foxbody interiors to most all other cars, including the GEN3 Fbodys. I prefer the GEN4 Fbody interiors to the SN95 interiors, at least from a cosmetic standpoint. These morons who SN95 interior swap their Foxbodys are morons, that's for sure.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,517  
Personally, it is the driver's ergonomics that drives me a little batty. Hidden light switches, electronic night adjust rear view mirrors that don't actually adjust, climate and audio options hidden nine levels deep in some menu...:ROFLMAO:
Not to mention many newer vehicles with a computer monitor-size screen stuck in the middle of the dash like an afterthought. Little to no attempt to integrate it into the dash. Maybe there are people who like that, I'm not one of them.
The ‘cladding’ on cars was often a nightmare. UV rays 😣
UV not so much an issue up this way, but it does a great job trapping water & road salt buildup and concealing the resulting rust. By the time you notice it, the damage is pretty severe.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,519  
I hate those touch screens that have the heat/ac controls on them. I like being able to reach over to the dial, adjust it and not watch which screen is popping up to find the controls. Jon

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,520  
I hate those touch screens that have the heat/ac controls on them. I like being able to reach over to the dial, adjust it and not watch which screen is popping up to find the controls. Jon
Operating controls while driving should be intuitive. You should be able to work the defrost or change the radio without taking your eyes off the road.

My Colorado has real knobs to turn on the defroster but it can take up to 30 seconds for it to turn on. That's a long time when doing 50 down the highway.