TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #21  
Hummmm, got me wondering now............It did quit just after my son had power washed it......but all the contacts look fine and after I removed the left cover all the modules etc had dust in there, no moisture????

I'm wondering too what safety switch are you talking about??? There is a safety controller module by the EHSS controller????

Is it ok to squirt WD-40 in these electrical contacts??? I don't have anything else??

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #22  
Maybe a newer tractor is protected better but there's many places on mine I wouldn't want high pressure water directed at: dash, vents, range shifting bars, seals, etc. I'd rather have a dirty tractor than water inside a clean one.
I do like it when the tractor is clean but seems too risky to bathe it under pressure.
Jim

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #23  
Ford850 said:
Renovator,
You cleaned the plug to which safety switch? It sounds like all contacts should be cleaned and dielectric grease added.

Ford850,
The safety switch I am talking about is the one on the inching pedal under the foot rest. It seems to me that they could do abetter job sealing connection. The last time it happened to me was in adriving snow storm. I also pressure wash the tractor and when I removed the cover it was dirty under there. I think cleaning contacts and using dielectric grease would be a good idea.
Renovator

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #24  
Renovator said:
Ford850,
The safety switch I am talking about is the one on the inching pedal under the foot rest. It seems to me that they could do abetter job sealing connection. The last time it happened to me was in adriving snow storm. I also pressure wash the tractor and when I removed the cover it was dirty under there. I think cleaning contacts and using dielectric grease would be a good idea.
Renovator

That must be something new, because my 04 doesn't have that.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #25  
Mine doesn't either and it's an 05....wonder if you're talking about the Potentiometer??

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #27  
That's ok Renovator, it took me a year to stop calling the Inching Pedal a clutch!!!! haha What you are describing is the Potentiometer.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #28  
Thanks Renovator. I see the switch with the arm (potentiometer).
I have another switch in addition to that, just forward the pivot point of the inching pedal. It's about the size of a 12v charger plug with a rubber booted push button on the tip. When the inching pedal is pressed, it depresses that button. It's wires are loomed with the potentiometer wires. I can't find that switch in the parts diagrams. Can anyone tell me what it is? I don't have any problems with mine, but I'd like to understand the functions of these switches.
Thanks.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #29  
Ford 850,

What model is your tractor? My TC55DA only has the Potentiometer that works from the Inching Pedal. I do however have a switch like you're describing a bit to the rear of the Potentiometer that screws into the side of the case. I think it's a range switch but i'd have to look it up.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #30  
Update:

I finally got the tractor fixed. Remember it just stopped moving and it's EHSS (TC55DA). I ordered all kinds of stuff to get it going fast and to keep from taking to the dealer. Bottom line.......I guess it was the Potentiometer. Here's what I did:

1. Put a new inching cable on and tried to adjust it to a good visible movement although I found that it should only move the EHSS control valve 2mm. (That's not much)

2. Put a new Potentiomet on. It still didn't move. I adjusted it every way possible and still.......no fix.

3. Read more and checked switches with a ohm/volt meter. The Shuttle shift checked out good, the Neutral 1-2 switch checked out good, even changed the EHSS Control module.....didn't fix it.

4. Put all old parts back on (now I just have the new cable and Potentiometer).

5. Adjusted inching cable to 2mm specs the best I could with naked eye.

6. Checked resistance to the switch on the EHSS control valve and it was good.

Started the tractor and IT IS FIXED!!!!!!

I'm going to order the Electrical Diagnostic tool for this tractor. It's approx $250 but I've done a ton of research/reading in the repair service manual and the Breakout
Box Part # 380001351 will make all this electrical EHSS diagnosis quicker and more accurate. The Potentiometer needs to put out 3.2 volts with the inching pedal depressed completely. The manual says to test this with a volt meter with the switch on, and black lead on Pin 11 and red on Pin 14 of the EHSS controller plug. Problem is......I couldn't figure out why and how this would work. If you unplug the harness from the controller, the Potentiometer has no hot lead to fire it to check it out!!! It gets it's hot into it from the Controller box. I could have plug it in and stuck into the wires but I didn't wanna start screwing with it like that. Anyway it's fixed and the digusting thing is I'm not exactly sure what did it!!!!