TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #11  
So what exactly did they do to fix your Jimmy? From reading many posts, it looks as though these TC48/55 are just 2120s with some new cosmetics. I was looking in my shop manuals that I purchased, and they show the hydraulic flow. It all seems to be very straight foreward, so I was wondering what was finally pinpointed as to being your problem. Maybe a bit of insight could help out our NH friend in need. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #12  
No problems with tranny, but my mistake in whose post I replied to. I have had NO problems with my EHSS nor did the previous owner. It works great. The faster the engine speed the better it works. Wish I could help, but have had no problems. I remember a poster RaT who had a clutch pack go out on him at great expense, though.
Jim

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #13  
OK, I have a problem with my TC55DA again for the 3rd time!!!! I thought i'd just add to this post since it's the same problem. Won't move, just all of a sudden, this is the 3rd time. Here was the solutions before:

1. Dealer said the Potentiometer got knocked outta whack. Made an adjustment and it worked fine for probably a year or so.

2. 2nd time, different dealer scratched their heads and finally changed out the EHSS Shuttle Shift switch off of a new unit and it worked fine till now....about another year later.

Yesterday I monkeyed with the inching pedal cable adjustment while having the rear end jacked up with the backhoe stabilizers and once for a short time it went into gear and then by the time I un-jacked it....the thing quit again. The cable looked like it had one tiny strand that was frayed so I'm concerned if it's hung in the housing and not letting that valve worked proper but I took the left housing cover off and it looks like the valve is moving. I played a bit with the Potentiometer with no luck.

In my investigations over the last couple of yrs the most possible solutions seems to be:

1. EHSS switch
2. Potentiometer
3. EHSS control module.
4. Inching pedal cable.

They make and sell a little hand held computer to diagnose this problem, the 2nd dealer had a new one unopened in stock but they couldn't figure out how to use it, I knew more about it than they did. It was about $350 then and with all this trouble i think I should go buy the thing. It's a long, long way and hassle to load this thing up and take to the dealer and then wait for 2 wks for anyone to look at it. Man, I need my tractor!! Especially yesterday when the son broke a main water line and the dang tractor breaks at the exact same time!!!! ugggggggggggggg

I'm going to go get it pulled in my shop, jack it up and monkey with it. I'll let you guys know if anything comes of it.

Does anyone have any late updates on this???

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #14  
Ok, Pulled it in the shop, adjusted Potentiometer and inching pedal cable to all sorts of combintions and NO LUCK!!! I took the battery cable off and let it set thinking maybe a computer module or code or something would re-set but still NO LUCK?????? It won't move!

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #15  
CJ4 - while I can't offer any advice, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that others appreciate your posts - in the event they become relevant to us :eek:

~paul

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #16  
did you try another EHSS module yet? Check the connectrions, clean them with propper contact cleaner and try again. I wouldn't mess with the inching pedal or potentiometer at all as that is rarely the source of mischief. Never had any problems with mine like that. Do you leave the tractor outside a lot? Mice chewing up cables or something? As I uderstand it, the tractor doesnt move at all, neither going foreward or reverse, just neutral, right? How many hours on the clock now? I've got 300 on mine now. I don't think it is the EHSS switch either, as the tractor still would move at least in one direction, unless both were bad.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #17  
Diesel-Me, I appreciate your concern and will try my best to keep you up on it.

DieselMonk,
This is the 3rd time this has happened to me.......won't move either direction. The 1st time the dealer said it was the Potentiometer. They said a stick got in it probably and moved it out of adjustment. I'm really skepitcal of their diagnosis because I really didn't trust this guy but I have to assume he was telling the truth.

The 2nd time it was the Shuttle shift switch. I stood right there and he tried a new EHSS module and it didn't fix it so he got a EHSS switch off of a new stock tractor and put it on there and it worked. Been probably a year now with no problems.

No, this tractor has 450 hrs on it and has never been left out for long......I keep it garaged, no signs of wiring issues.....

Here's an update:

I called several dealers and all would be at least 3 days to a week lookin at it so I figured as far away as they were and I don't think if it's electrical it'd be in warranty anyway (purch 10/05) I just had 3 parts overnighted to me. Figured if they didn't work well heck i'd have them in stock for someday!!! haha Got the parts today, put on the inching cable because I needed it anyway (one of the strands was frayed), then I put on the new Potentiometer and still no luck!!!! I also ordered the Shuttle switch (because that is what it was last time and @$$$%$%^^^^!@@## uggggggggggggggg they sent me the wrong one!!!! This one looks the same exactly but it has a white electrical plug end instead of my grey one and the connections are a different plug type!!! FYI I ordered part SBA 385202780. The parts diagram shows 2 part numbers for this (the other SBA 385202680).....Well *ells bells, it must be that one. Don't know why nor did the parts guy know why the diagram showed 2 numbers for the same part.....NH parts guy said it didn't show superceded or anything and he didn't know either. I figured it has to do with production date but it didn't anything about that.

Going to re-order the other part because I really feel it's the Shuttle Switch.....Could very well be the Controller but it's quite a bit more $$$$ so I'll try the switch first. It's pretty easy to change out guys. I'll explain how later if you're interested. Thanks all for your interest, i'll keep you posted.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #18  
I had the same problemwith DX55. It sems to be related to moisture. I try to keep it inside. Here is what the dealer or I did.
1 Changed EHSS control worked for awhile.
2Adjusted the Inching cable Idid this because I needed the tractor temporary fix, but got me through till they could look at it butthey didn't change anything.
3Cleaned the plug to safety switch. Since then no problems.
Know it is out of warranty Bought March of 06 with 700 hours onit.
I think in your case it is a coroded plug. thats what I am going to do next time.
Renovator

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #19  
hmm... i think you are on the right track there. Did you try soakin the shift switch in WD40 or something like that?

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #20  
Renovator said:
I had the same problemwith DX55. It sems to be related to moisture. I try to keep it inside. Here is what the dealer or I did.
1 Changed EHSS control worked for awhile.
2Adjusted the Inching cable Idid this because I needed the tractor temporary fix, but got me through till they could look at it butthey didn't change anything.
3Cleaned the plug to safety switch. Since then no problems.
Know it is out of warranty Bought March of 06 with 700 hours onit.
I think in your case it is a coroded plug. thats what I am going to do next time.
Renovator
Renovator,
You cleaned the plug to which safety switch? It sounds like all contacts should be cleaned and dielectric grease added.