Traction TC45D 4WD issue

/ TC45D 4WD issue #21  
i can see the whole linkage from behind the tractor

/ TC45D 4WD issue
It does. And when he had it opened he did it manually and it engaged whatever it was supposed to.

/ TC45D 4WD issue #23  
if it is moving up and down i guess you need to make sure the lever is also moving the shaft it is connected to that goes into the box

/ TC45D 4WD issue #24  
if it is moving the shaft i would have to say it is inside the box that the problem lies

/ TC45D 4WD issue
I,m fairly sure he said it was but I'll have ask him if what hdid manually with the lever from inside was also necessarily being done when the box was closed

/ TC45D 4WD issue #26  
that is as far as i can see on my tractor
Let us know how it goes

/ TC45D 4WD issue
The guy is a good mechanic, takes crs and stuff apart all the time for drag racing and demos. he said everything inside looked/seemed hunky dory.

I am going to try and see if the crankshaft is moving as the dealer suggested, I guess that's the proof in the pudding to separate a transfer box problem to something further toward the front wheels.

I really appreciate your time and knowledge.

/ TC45D 4WD issue #28  
that is a good idea
i would have thought if the driveshaft was engaged it would feel like it in the 2-4 lever but maybe not
good luck

/ TC45D 4WD issue #29  
My TC40DA (not supersteer) has a similar problem with 4-wheel drive selector, but my lever is "stuck" disengaged. It has been quite hard to engage the 4wd lever since I bought it second-hand, but just got to the point that the lever just won't move at all. I really miss the 4wd and I hope to get to check the linkages (external) next week when I get to the property where the tractor is. If I see anything on mine that may appear to be helpful for your issue, I'll try to post back as soon as I can -- but, I warn you in advance, it often takes me way longer to get back to the Forum than I would like. Best of luck to you.

/ TC45D 4WD issue
My TC40DA (not supersteer) has a similar problem with 4-wheel drive selector, but my lever is "stuck" disengaged. It has been quite hard to engage the 4wd lever since I bought it second-hand, but just got to the point that the lever just won't move at all. I really miss the 4wd and I hope to get to check the linkages (external) next week when I get to the property where the tractor is. If I see anything on mine that may appear to be helpful for your issue, I'll try to post back as soon as I can -- but, I warn you in advance, it often takes me way longer to get back to the Forum than I would like. Best of luck to you.

MINE WAS THAT WAY TOO, IF YOU HAVE A BUCKET, LIFT THE FRONT END AND IT'LL SLIDE EASY- SOLVED MINE ANYWAY.