TC33DA hour meter

/ TC33DA hour meter #1  

adlertom

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer
My TC33DA hour meter has stopped working. Everything else in the instrument cluster works, including the tachometer. I've read some other posts here where both the tachometer AND the hour meter have failed, caused by alternator AC voltage, electrical connection, or other issues, but that is not the case with mine.

The meter currently reads 599.9 hours, and won't turn over to 600.0. Is this therefore most likely a mechanical issue with the hour meter? If the problem is indeed the meter, can the sealed instrument cluster be opened (even if not really designed to be done), and is repair possible? Would I be better off installing a new/separate hour meter?

/ TC33DA hour meter #2  
That's the old fashioned analog hour meter, correct? My previous tractor was a TC29 and the hour meter just stopped at 1488 hours. Never worked again after that.

/ TC33DA hour meter
Yes

Attachments

• hourmeter.jpg
    hourmeter.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
   / TC33DA hour meter #4  
Yep that's the same one. I guess those are bad about failing. I'm not sure if you could repair it or not. Probably is hard to find a replacement these days. We just didn't try on ours.