TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #1  

adlertom

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer
I hit a stump and bent the left side 3 point hitch arm on my TC33DA :(. Photos attached.

I seem to recall that it originally had a slight bend in it, but perhaps not? The right arm does have a slight bend.

I'm looking for either photos or a description of what is a "normal" bend, if any, for this arm.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• 3 point arm A.jpg
    3 point arm A.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
  • 3 point arm B.jpg
    3 point arm B.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
   / TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #2  
Just from the parts diagram it looks like it bent in the middle.

1675388426955.png

1675388553559.png

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm
OK, thanks. Then I must have slightly bent the other lift arm as well :(.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #4  

View attachment 782074

View attachment 782076
Sorry for what happened to your rig. Glad you are ok. If it were my rig, then I would try to repair to some working condition. I would heat it up red and straighten it up in a hydraulic press. Obviously, you would loose the temper and the metal becomes more malleable and soft doing so. I would then heat it up red hot and quench it in oil or water to harden. I then heat it up, not red hot and let it air cool to temper and add more toughness. After all of that, I would prep the area and weld up a piece of flat 2"x8" flat 1/2" or 3/8" thick steel plate on either side like a metal splint. I would then clean it up and paint. It ain't going to be pretty but will function about the same. Alternately NH would love to sell you lower control arm for $$$$.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #5  
I would agree with the press idea, but not the heat. I have straightened a few of them, always bent them cold. You can heat it if you like, but I wouldn't suggest for someone to do that.

Your tractor, your money, your choice.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #6  
I would agree with the press idea, but not the heat. I have straightened a few of them, always bent them cold. You can heat it if you like, but I wouldn't suggest for someone to do that.

Your tractor, your money, your choice.
I hate to heat it as well, but it is going to be tough to straighten unless you have a very heavy duty press. I brought up heat treatment so one could get it as close to original metal condition along with welding up splint.

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #7  
If it is still available.

1675392667759.png

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #8  
Long lane tractor in Elizabethtown PA. is a NH wrecking yard they probably have them.🍻

/ TC33DA - bent 3 point hitch arm #10  
From my TC33D manual, it pretty much shows the only bends are near each end:

TC33D 3-Point Linkage.jpg