Traction TC30 Keep it in 4WD?

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #11  
Our Ford 1710 was run in 4wd most of the time, except when transported on roadways. 3800 hours and no sign of driveline issues.

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #12  
I mow on hills so most time in 4WD.

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD?
Thanks All!! Very much appreciate your input. I now will take it out of 4wd. Most of my place is fairly level. For loader work I will definitely put it in 4wd since that was the second reason for selecting 4wd. The front tires on this tractor are fairly well worn for only having 340 hours on it and that could be the reason.
Again, thank you all for your input.

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #14  
My tractor needs to be in 4 WD about 95% of the time. The Catskill Mountain land here isn't all that steep, but it has enough varied terrain so that there always seems to be one tire a half inch off the ground. 4 WD is needed for most routine tasks here. In winter, 4 wd is on 100% of the time, and the differential lock and the loader-as-paddle get their workouts too.

The only time I try to remember to take it out of 4 WD is when I'm using it mostly on our (gravel) road or those rare instances when it hits pavement.

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #15  
Is there a way to lock all four wheels so they are all pulling? I have gotten stuck(going backward) put it in 4 wheel drive and the left rear and right front spun. I would have thought the all 4 wheels would pull when in 4 wheel drive.

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #16  
Is there a way to lock all four wheels so they are all pulling? I have gotten stuck(going backward) put it in 4 wheel drive and the left rear and right front spun. I would have thought the all 4 wheels would pull when in 4 wheel drive.

Learn to use your differential lock correctly. That locks both rear wheels and is a big help.
But learn to do it right..misuse can damage the tractor's drivetrain.

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #17  
I know my tractor has that but I haven't tried it yet. The lever has a what looks like a rod with and arrow welded on the end. I guess I push down with my foot on that rod?

Does that lock front wheels also?

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #18  
I know my tractor has that but I haven't tried it yet. The lever has a what looks like a rod with and arrow welded on the end. I guess I push down with my foot on that rod?

Does that lock front wheels also?

Doesn't lock the front wheels...

READ your manual on how and when to use the differential lock. That lever might be the differential lock...or it might be something else.

Once my rear wheel starts spinning, I push the foot treadle (lever, if you will) down, which locks the rear wheels. I keep my front wheels straight, if at all possible...your manual may state this, BTW. Some differential locks require foot pressure on that treadle, others remain locked as long as there is slippage (and unlock automatically).

Good tool to use as required...

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD? #19  
I find in 4x4 that I burn more fuel than in 2X4. I only us 4x4 when I need to for work or rough conditions.

/ TC30 Keep it in 4WD?
Hi Roy-I read the manual and it says step on the pedal. There is no pedal. It has what looks like a lever that needs to be pulled. Even the picture in the manual does not show a pedal. I am going to call the dealer and ask if no one here has experienced the same confusion