Tiller Taylor Way tiller

/ Taylor Way tiller #1  

RickB

Super Star Member
Tractor
Just a Scag
Anyone got input on a 5' TaylorWay tiller? I see one in an upcoming auction. Forward rotation, seems to be chain drive. It would probably do what I ask of it. Opinions and experiences welcome.

/ Taylor Way tiller #2  
unfortuantely I cannot comment on their tillers. I do own a Taylor Way box blade, and it is top notch. It has full plates instead of straps, welds are good, and the company even answered my questions about their BB. Apparently they are a sister co of KK, maybe a big sister.

Good luck.

/ Taylor Way tiller #3  
Don't know about the Taylor Way tiller, but everthing I have ever seen with Taylor Way on it has been very heavy duty and well built.

/ Taylor Way tiller #4  
I have a Taylor Way 5' tiller, but it is gear drive. It has 6 tines per flange and it is forward rotation. I have had it for two years now and it has performed flawlessly. I don't know about chain drive.:confused:

/ Taylor Way tiller #5  
It would have to be an older one for it to be chain driven. Since about 2001 I think all of the tillers have been gear drive. Except for the little sub-compact one (Series 922)

The 942 E Series tillers were just like the King Kutter tiller (King Kutter is the parent company of Taylor-Way / Taylor PIttsburgh)

The 952 Series tillers were of a flat top design.

The 962 Series (current model) I believe are their best ones to date. They have a rounded top.

Hope this helps