Tar River?

/ Tar River? #12  
It's an L2501.
Ok, so about:
24.8 Gross HP
20.5 PTO HP
Overall width, about 55.1" (may depend on tires, and rim configuration).

They seem to recommend tillers from 42" to 66".

Depending on your actual tire configuration, I'd probably choose the 58" to 60" tiller.

Your tractor is about the same size as my old Ford 1715. I offset the old 48" Howard tiller as far to one side as it would go, and it just seemed to be a pain to have the tiller not behind both tires. I do now have a wider tiller, but haven't tried it as I don't need to till anything now, and need to work on the clutch before tilling more.

/ Tar River?
Ok, so about:
24.8 Gross HP
20.5 PTO HP
Overall width, about 55.1" (may depend on tires, and rim configuration).

They seem to recommend tillers from 42" to 66".

Depending on your actual tire configuration, I'd probably choose the 58" to 60" tiller.

Your tractor is about the same size as my old Ford 1715. I offset the old 48" Howard tiller as far to one side as it would go, and it just seemed to be a pain to have the tiller not behind both tires. I do now have a wider tiller, but haven't tried it as I don't need to till anything now, and need to work on the clutch before tilling more.
Thank you for that info.

/ Tar River? #14  
I have a pull behind tedder and a 6' drum mower. Haven't had problems with the sale or the implements other than I don't have any close dealers....a minor cost disadvantage.

/ Tar River? #15  
I have a kubota l2800 29hp and I run a 60" tiller on it which it handles fine the only thing I have to watch is it is very heavy and makes the front end lite. Even with suit case weights. I have a county line from tractor supply which must be 10 years old by now. Has always worked good for me

/ Tar River? #16  
I have a kubota l2800 29hp and I run a 60" tiller on it which it handles fine the only thing I have to watch is it is very heavy and makes the front end lite. Even with suit case weights. I have a county line from tractor supply which must be 10 years old by now. Has always worked good for me
Do you have a bucket on your tractor?

I have a bucket on my Ford 1715, plus forks. I've been using the tiller as rear ballast some, but it seems to handle fine empty, although I don't have it gummed up with grass and dirt.

/ Tar River? #17  
No I do not have a bucket on that tractor.

/ Tar River? #18  
I have a Tar River TXG-050. I started out by running it on a JD X585. It is a fairly light weight tiller compared to others of the same size. I do have to use weights on the front of the X585 though. This tractor ran it well but you do want to just use some restraint so as to not beat up the tractor!
I now run it on a JD 755 and that one runs it very well.

My two complaints about the Tar River is that the shaft that comes through the left side gear cover and has a large nylock nut on it will leak. I have replaced the O-ring but it still leaks. It is a stupid design in my opinion as I see no reason for this shaft to need to come through the cover.

My other small complaint is that the left side "depth" skid/shoe will not raise all the way for max depth as it hits the side gear cover.

This till er fairly light so at times I have to add weight to it to get good depth in harder soils otherwise it likes to more stay on top of the harder surfaces.

As far as the tiller itself I seems well made and I have done a lot of tilling over the last three years. Almost time for new tines.

Any questions, I can try to answer.

/ Tar River? #19  
Some info here:

willy