Tandem Disc: Make & Model?

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model? #1  

sresites

Bronze Member
Tractor
1997 Case 5250
Cannot identify this disc. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.
B360E268-0848-4238-8EB8-DAC35E7035E7.jpeg

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model? #2  
Technically the disk in your photo isn't referred to as a tandem disk but by offset disk. Sorry I don't recognize the brand of that offset disk. Due to the amount of wear on the disks IE absence of cut-outs it appears to be very experienced at moving soil.

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model? #3  
Not sure, but looks like a good one.

Is there a clearer image where you can actually read whats on the side? Looks like Cop___

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model?
Yah, oops on using the term tandem. I’ve been looking for a tandem so much but was impressed with this offset that popped up.

No other clearer pic found. I’ll try Google pic search when I get to the office today.

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model?
Shoot. Right in my backyard. Thank you
9CAB8261-2A98-4E83-ADCB-F298427A1A28.jpeg

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model? #7  
Offset disc. Takes a lot more tractor for that one. Our big tractor weighs 15,000# and an 8' offset is all it wants. If it was 8' 1", probably wouldn't pull it.

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model? #8  
I have an 8' tandem but very, very heavy disc and it's all my tractor wants.

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model? #9  
Offset disc. Takes a lot more tractor for that one. Our big tractor weighs 15,000# and an 8' offset is all it wants. If it was 8' 1", probably wouldn't pull it.
I couldn't imagine an 8' offset being all a 15,000 pound tractor wants. What size are the disc pans? I pull a 9' offset disc with 26" pans that weighs 3k give or take a few pounds with a 93 hp JD 4x4 tractor that with loaded tires and FEL probably only weighs in at 10k.

/ Tandem Disc: Make & Model? #10  
I couldn't imagine an 8' offset being all a 15,000 pound tractor wants. What size are the disc pans? I pull a 9' offset disc with 26" pans that weighs 3k give or take a few pounds with a 93 hp JD 4x4 tractor that with loaded tires and FEL probably only weighs in at 10k.
Ours is an International pull type with hydraulic wheels to lift it. Maybe your dirt is different. I do know that offset discs will tear the world up. Lot of times we just break the garden with it because it cuts so good. Then we have a large butane tank we made a packer out of, pull that over it and lay the rows out with a Covington planter on a cultivator. We learned to use that packer because if it rains, garden won't be near as boggy.

That same tractor will boil the dirt over the back of a 5 yd dirt pan, Me, dad, brother, all done that before.