T7 backhoe cylinder help

/ T7 backhoe cylinder help
LOL,Kim from Terramite tells me I need part #81149!

/ T7 backhoe cylinder help #12  
Terry's Terramite says the correct part# is #81190.

the T7 parts book. On page 2.41 it lists 81027

LOL,Kim from Terramite tells me I need part #81149!

There was probably a part number change, so the cylinder old number was 81027 and the replacement is 81149. If the seal kit was needed then it would be matched up to the old number, but looking for the entire cylinder, then it list 81149

There can also be serial number changes which would change the part number again like the 81190 number. Cab also be an issue with the person looking up the numbers

When replacing my seals, they asked for the serial number, but I had to measure the boom cyl because there were 2 different ones used during the year mine was built.

LOL.I think at this point Im just gonna hope someone whos had the cylinder replaced already and what company they used and what the cylinder was specd out .

/ T7 backhoe cylinder help #14  
The manual says 81190 for machines prior to 1-1-01 for both the boom and crowd. After that date it would be 81222 for the boom, where your machine falls in. With that in mind, take a good look at the boom cylinder, it might be the same as what you need for the crowd. Not knowing, the difference could just be the cylinder rod diameter. Now with that info, you might be able to find it at Surplus Center.

Dart1917 gave you the dimensions you need. 3" bore, 1 1/2" rod, 24" pin centers closed, 40" extended. Cross tubes are 1 1/4" bore, butt end 3 1/2" long, rod end 3". These should match you boom and be very close to the crowd cylinder size since it was replaced.

I'm curious, How do you bend a Crowd cylinder rod?

Good question my friend.I loaned it out and that's how it came back.My kid toppled it into a creek bed awhile before but that didn't cause any damage.It worked fine so Im dumbfounded.Ill tell ya what tho.I wont be loaning anything else out again.Lesson learned.

Ok guys,here's the measurements I was able to get off of the bad cylinder with my caliper. The bore is 2.538",the rod diameter is 1.475",Fully extended is 52",fully retracted is 31.5"the cross tubes are 1" pins but the cross tubes on this cylinder were too big so they had to put spacers in to make up the diff. I had taken it in yesterday to try and get straightened out so I could get more accurate measurements but it cracked on the hyd press soooo,I pulled the rod out of the cylinder and made up a wooden stick the same length and included all the parts from the rod onto the stick copy.and wrote all the measurements down(piston,mounts,yada yada yada) and took the measurement extended and retracted.Allowing for the length the cap extended into the cylinder and such. I sure hope I did it right.I got a new quote from terramite for $400.00 now instead of $600.00.Im tempted to just say the **** with it and go that route.It'll cost more but I know Ill have the right part then.I dont really want to but....

/ T7 backhoe cylinder help #17  
I'm no expert but 1" Pins don't sound right. Are they the same in the boom cylinder? Make sure that if you order from Terramite, you let them verify the correct pin size (maybe the rest of the dimensions also) or you might be in for more problems.

yea I will thanks

/ T7 backhoe cylinder help #19  
I spent a bit of time trying to find aftermarket cylinders with the exact dimensions that Dart posted above and was unsuccessful. The biggest hurdle being the pin diameter of 1.25 with a 3" bore. If you got a bit creative you could go with the cylinders I am linking below by installing a bushing that reduced the pin size from 1.25" to 1.00" and adding sleeves or large washers to make up the slack in the rod end widths, you would need to grind off at least an 1/8 " of off each end of the base end. Simply cut the 1.25 pins off of your existing pin mounts and have 1" pins welded on in their place.

https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Double-Acting-Hydraulic-Cylinder/dp/B009OM5BIG

1.25 To 1 x 1 Cylinder Pin Hole Bushing | Cylinder Pins & Bushings | Parts and Accessories for Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Speedy Metals 1-1/4" OD x 1.1" ID x .12" Wall Other Steel Round Tube

$139.00 for the cylinder
$30.00 or so for reducer bushing material
$20.00 for SAE M to NPT F adapters
$ unknown cost of 1" pins welded to your existing pin mounts

Just some food for thought, I may be way off in my thinking.

I would guess that the whole job is complete for under $300.00 and you now have a cylinder that is easily replacable versus a possible "one off" size.

My head is hurting!LOL!