Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles

/ Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles #1  

sceason

Tractor
Terramite T5D
Hi guys,
I need some help or advice. I have a mid-sized 2000 Terramite 2 wheel drive backhoe, model T5D (Terramite then changed the name from T5D to T7 around 2000 too and that further complicates my life...). Basically my front spindles are shot. I've replaced some smaller parts that effect the steering like wheel bearings, tie rods, etc. to take out the steering slop but I really need new front spindles or maybe new king pin bushings. I've never replaced any king pin bushings before, and maybe that's the what I need but I'm sure mine are worn badly like everything else on my machine. Since Terramite appears to have closed down, I'm at a loss for what to do. I believe the T5C shares many of the same parts so if you've done anything similar to your machine, can you provide this old man any tips on how to fix my sloppy steering? Did you replace your king pins and if so where did you get yours? What are it's specs? If you replaced the entire front spindles, is that something I can easily do or have done? Having a parts manual with terramite's part numbers for a tractor no longer made is rather useless to me so any help, and I mean any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Hopefully I can pass on what I learn to help others here.
Also, anybody ever removed that front axle pin castle nut? Mine won't even budge. Another problem area that I've spent hours on and made no forward progress.

Steve

/ Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles #2  
they say they stock terramite parts. Would be a good starting point for information

/ Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles #3  
Or here

/ Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles #4  

/ Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles #5  
Jack it up and see what wiggles first. Them things go so slow it'd have to be real bad before I paid any attention to it.

/ Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles
Last edited:
   / Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles #7  
I was not trying to sell you a nearly new terramite, I was just listing different places that worked on them maybe you had missed, in case you wanted to check with them for the information you are seeking. I infer they handle terramites for a living so they would have information. Whether they will part with it is unknown ,but without asking them you will never know

/ Need help replacing Terramite backhoe 2WD front spindles #8  
Is there room to get a big pipe wrench on it with a long cheater pipe on the handle for leverage? Heat on stuck nuts is alway a good thing, just be ready to extinguish the fire if the old grease catches.

I was not trying to sell you a nearly new terramite, I was just listing different places that worked on them maybe you had missed, in case you wanted to check with them for the information you are seeking. I infer they handle terramites for a living so they would have information. Whether they will part with it is unknown ,but without asking them you will never know
I somehow missed that. Maybe a "bud" clouded my thinking. Anywho, thanks for the reply. I lost my computer for a bit but am now "back up and running/reading. I'll call these guys and see what they say! That was a great idea, thanks again!
Steve

I should clarify a "bud" as a budweiser beer, not the other kind. Man I'm getting old.