T66 with 74" HD Bucket

/ T66 with 74" HD Bucket #1  

wsmith1977

Tractor
John Deere 990
A couple quick questions:
Planning to buy a T62 or T66 this spring.
1. Can you see the edge of the Heavy Duty bucket from a normal operating position, or do you need some sort of longer bucket?

2. The wide track version of the Machine is I believe about 74" wide. What is more common for this machine, a 74" or 80" bucket? Will be doing very general property improvement, upkeep, clear undebrush, spread dirt, things like that.

/ T66 with 74" HD Bucket #2  
I just picked up a new T66 yesterday. I haven't had a chance to run it much just yet but I do like it so far. Seems to be able to handle 3-4,000 lbs easily. I hauled around 2,000 of feed on a pallet and it could hardly tell I picked up anything. Hydraulics are smooth and precise. You can see the edge of the heavy duty bucket form the seat. I have standard tracks on mine but will be having them put on wide tracks multi-bar style. I would think the bucket should be at least as wide as the tracks. I think 80 might be a little too wide.

IMG_6334.jpg

/ T66 with 74" HD Bucket #3  
I’ve put about 350 hrs on my T62, awesome machine. Yes, you can see the cutting edge well. If you get wide tracks get the 5 link suspension, without the suspension you have maybe 1/2” gap between the track and the body of the machine. With 5 link that gap is much better. I got zigzag tracks which are the best I’ve tried yet, had the dealer install them before I took delivery. Be sure to order the pre cleaner kit for the air filter, these machines love to pack that air filter full of dust in the summer months. Overall these machines are great, wouldn’t change a thing about my T62.

IMG_3337.JPG

85F2434F-A340-44B8-8B9A-77F995681A78.jpg