Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side

/ Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side #11  
I would switch the blades and try it again ,

/ Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side
The likelihood of them moving inward only on the one side - every revolution - without hitting something (and making a huge racket) is vanishingly small.

Can you verify that the blades are level when extended at a stop, and the spindle driving the blades is vertical and perpendicular to the plane of the blades?
I agree that the likelihood of the blade swinging is remote.

I do know that the blades are extended when it stops.

I have not checked the level of the blades I will do that on the flat garage floor.

I do know that I replaced the spindle assembly including the shaft, upper and lower bearing.

The deck adjustment is all in the up, but I have not found that raising or lowering the height makes any difference.

/ Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side #14  
Only other thing that comes to mind is that mower can not clearing the cut grass well enough my finish mower will do that in really heavy grass. Not sure how a rough cut mower would react, I only use mine in brush and really overgrown areas, so I have go over it few times anyway.

/ Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side #15  
I'm assuming that you are running the motor at full throttle? Those are designed to run wide open when cutting, especially with thicker weeds or brush.

As an update, Swisher has recommended that I take the unit to a service center to have them do a test and evaluation. This is a bit of a challenge since Swisher does not have a local, within a couple of hours driving distance to me. So the Swisher customer service rep had a discussion with nonSwisher service center that I have used and trust for other things and the unit is now there going under evaluation.

The professionals mowed and got the same thing. Forward, backwards at any speed except a very slow walking speed. Swisher had them check everything, tire pressure, shaft stability, motor, blades and they still come up with the striping.

The next step in discussions with Swisher is that they are going to have a discussion with Swisher engineering and get back to me today.

I just want a unit that will work and not have to mow like this is a 27 inch mower. I have asked if they would send me a new unit and they are reluctant to do that, or to give me a significant discount on a new one. This will be a good test to see how committed they are customer service and customer satisfaction.

So we will see what they come up with as the next step.

I will keep this group updated when we figure out a path forward.

My neighbor has a DR pull behind mower and that cut the same field just great, so it's not the tow vehicle or the field, it's the mower.

/ Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side #17  
Can you give some back history ? When did this problem start ?

/ Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side #18  
Your problem sounds exactly like a sheared key to me.

/ Swisher Rough cut 52 only cutting one side #19  
It is good to know that Swisher is still hands on with consumer issues. For me it's been along time, but they were responsive a couple decades ago as a dealer. Not a lot of corporate crap to slice through. Pretty much like you were talking with your uncle Ernie on the other line.

Can you give some back history ? When did this problem start ?
I hope that the beginning of the thread would give sufficient history.

I am not the primary user of the machine but it has been a long time