Super C transmission gone out?

/ Super C transmission gone out? #11  
I saw a Farmall M once with the bull gear showing through the slot it had ground through the housing. In fact I once bought an M that had apparently done the same thing and had been repaired. It had what looked to me like green body filler over the weld. Good luck with your repair and, I'm glad your Super C didn't get that far.

/ Super C transmission gone out?
Actually they save the tires a lot of wear and tear. Believe it our not there is no vibration.

/ Super C transmission gone out? #13  
I just saw those big cracks between the bars on the tires. Looks like it's pulling the tread, right off the casing.

They are the original tires best i can tell and i don't doubt they are due to fail but they still make new ones and i have two waiting when they decide to "retire" .

now i need to know how the axle comes out of the housing. is there a retainer clip on it?
38071987_992539057574914_1349876906526244864_o.jpg

/ Super C transmission gone out? #16  
Axle comes out the other end of the housing, but first you need to remove the end cap. Axle is larger in the center, and machined for the bearing to fit over the splined end, and the outboard axle size. Here's an exploded view of it, from Case/IH online parts store. Pretty simple, once you see it. Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

It looks like you have the bearing retainer removed on the inside, so, once you remove the outboard axle end cap, it should tap right out.

Thanks..I Think these bearings and shaft are original. The bearings are corroded a little to the axle even with a gallon of grease and oil surrounding it. When i first broke the housing gasket seal about a cup of water came out from either condensation or top cover bolts collecting water in their little mini funnels. I'll fix that when i put the cover back on.

Yep, the axle and bull gear are damaged, so i was able to salvage the two bearings though. They are good and tight and roll for a long time with a good spin. So now i'll need three gaskets and a piece of rubber tubing and two hose clamps (guess where they will go) and a tube of gasket sealer and some heavy oil. I'm thinking 90 weight.
38149394_995008563994630_1482743996160671744_o.jpg
38043211_995007737328046_2319856946334662656_o.jpg

Now i'm having a little trouble finding the inner oil seal for the axle housing. Case/IH says it's out of stock and when i tried to find one using their numbers i get nothing. I Have the outer seal installed but can't find the larger inner seal. The number i have is 380768R91
i have a 1953 Super C btw. I Bought the outer seal on EBAY and it fits fine.

/ Super C transmission gone out? #20  
I did a quick Google search, and seems to be quite a few out there. Even one OEM on ebay. I also used the Timken number in the ebay ad, to look at NAPA, and got a hit. The ebay OEM seal is the least expensive @ $21.95, but who knows how long it's been on the shelf. I have no idea what shelf life is on these. NAPA stocks them for $25.99, although they may have to order it from their regional warehouse, for your location. Here's the link to the Google search. 38768R91 - Google Search