Subsoiler with pipelayer

/ Subsoiler with pipelayer #1  

thoner7

Silver Member
Tractor
to-20 Ferguson and Kubota m5400 with Quickie loader
Anyone have a good brand for a heavy duty subsoiler, and a place to buy it?? I’d like to find one with a shear pin, as I may be hitting some rocks (or bedrock) as I pull.

King Kutter has one for 650$ but there’s no shear pin.

I’ll also need a pipe layer attachment that can be added on.

/ Subsoiler with pipelayer #3  
I’ll also need a pipe layer attachment that can be added on.

I buried 350' of 1" pex last summer with a middlebuster... My wife walked behind and unrolled the pex into the trench, every 20' or so we'd stop and cover it up. She cost more in the long run than a pipe layer attachment and the tractor but if you already have one around...

Last edited:
   / Subsoiler with pipelayer
   / Subsoiler with pipelayer #5  
I installed about 300 feet of one inch irrigation pipe. Used a single bottom moldboard plow. Pipe in trench - do a partial cover every 20 feet or so. Then the cover job. Rear blade - offset and angled. All in all - it went very well.

/ Subsoiler with pipelayer
So this water line will be for my house. It will have to be below my frost line, I’m hoping about 24” to be safely below it.

/ Subsoiler with pipelayer #9  
I have a Homestead grapple and like it, but the price for that subsoiler seems crazy!

/ Subsoiler with pipelayer #10  
Doubtful your inexpensive single shank will go 24” deep. In looking both the bushhog & rhino “long shank” show work depth 23”