Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #31  
You have 2 posts here belittling people for living where they do and another telling someone that internet searches on a PC are more productive than those made on a smart phone.
Obnoxious unnecessary biased and inaccurate "contributions" to this conversation. Your self aggrandizing after the fact is laughable.

Oh, so I can have reasoning with geographical locations due to certain conditions, but you have resorted to NAME CALLING and STALKING.

Neither the person in Canada nor NJ balked, only you did from your spot in WNC. Seems very odd indeed.

Whatever!

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal
I was told that people there don't drink the water nor breath the air,
I have great well water. I'm in the western rural part of the state. We can throw rocks at pennsylvanians.
It's great cos they throw coal back.
Sussex, Warren, and Hunterdon counties are the last hold outs.
I tell people we don't actually live in the festering sphincter of the cosmos, but if the wind's right ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #33  
I have great well water. I'm in the western rural part of the state. We can throw rocks at pennsylvanians.
I tell people we don't actually live in the festering sphincter of the cosmos, but if the wind's right ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

WOW, that's good to know. I've been out that way on business trips near the stateline on the PA side.

Likewise here, I was very concerned about wells and the water table. And a freight happened this past year when the Chemtool plant burned to the ground and the Rock River and the Pecatonica rivers got hit with the run-off. That toxic plume of the fire covered 3 states! We are about 5 miles north (upstream) of that site. WHEW.
So much industry is down river, even 50 miles south is the nuke plant.

There is an independent test lab in Texas I've sent water samples in just to be on the safe side. We are so far below the limits I'm still surprised. But we live in the odd place known as the Sands Prairie Region. The sands do all that filtering hundreds of feet under the ground. No sink holes though like KY. But still strange enough.

Neat of you to live in an area mostly untouched from wastes. It's difficult enough to find good clean land these days. Happy for you. :)

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #34  
I use OEM filters and oil, if the OEM offers synthetic. It would be just my luck to save a few dollars on a filter only to have a costly repair caused by my saving a few dollars. I keep an oil change and filters for engine and hydraulics on hand. I just did the hydraulic fluid and filter change this fall, so now I need to go get 12 gallons of hydraulic fluid for the next change. I dented one of my hydraulic filters a while ago and it was nice to have one on the shelf so I didn't have to wait for Monday or make the 60 mile round trip for a filter.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #35  
I use OEM filters and oil, if the OEM offers synthetic. It would be just my luck to save a few dollars on a filter only to have a costly repair caused by my saving a few dollars. I keep an oil change and filters for engine and hydraulics on hand. I just did the hydraulic fluid and filter change this fall, so now I need to go get 12 gallons of hydraulic fluid for the next change. I dented one of my hydraulic filters a while ago and it was nice to have one on the shelf so I didn't have to wait for Monday or make the 60 mile round trip for a filter.
I figured the larger Kubota tractors would have protection for the filters. One of the reasons why I upgraded from L3301 to the MX5400.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #36  
Mine is protected now.

IMG_1636.jpeg

IMG_1638.jpeg

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #38  
Some people look really hard for reasons to try to get offended.
Its a New Year. Time to turn the other cheek and keep it light. A little fun-poking isn’t a big deal, but theres enough reasons for anxiety about the future to not get so vindictive and angry over small stuff.
Get over it.
Yeah, in my day there was. sticks and Stones my break my bones but names will never harm me. Basically 2nd amendment support.
Today, everyone is telling everyone else why they need to be offended over painless comments. WOKE. yuck

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #39  
I do the same thing. However, when I was cleaning up and organizing my shop a few weeks ago, I noticed that I had a rather large inventory of filters for vehicles and equipment. Enough to fill an entire shelf on my storage cabinet. Some for the vehicles I still have, but most are for vehicles that I no longer even own. Worse yet, I didn't know which were which. I took a couple hours sorting them out, researching the numbers, putting the obsolete ones in a box. There a lot of them that I have no clue what they were for. I'd give them away, but that is hard to do you when don't know what they fit.
I learned my lesson. I have been known to create a list of everything I have and visit a local store offering discounts then carried a box of filters back home. When it came to change a filter, I also didn't know what was what. To fix that, and now when I buy, I use a marker on the filter's shrink-wrap plastic or paper box to name the equipment. What helps is I have a list of my equipment in a spreadsheet and have a column labeled "Oil filter" and "Hyd filter" and "Air filter", etc. In the boxes, I enter every compatible filter brand and number. But today, I stick to marking the filter as soon as I get it - sometimes at the store's counter.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #40  
That's actually a nice area. At least it was 10 or so years ago. Sucks it's in NJ but at least it's close enough to PA to pretend it's not.