Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #21  
Whenever I need filters or such, if I wait for a stock order, it does not cost any extra. They are a busy dealer, so stock orders are done regularly.

Oh, I should of guessed, you are in Canada. That's why dealers are important to you because there isn't much else to choose from otherwise locally. What a real bummer. I really feel sorry for you now.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #22  
I ordered several years worth of all filters, oil, etc and picked it up when i was in town.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #23  
Oh, I should of guessed, you are in Canada. That's why dealers are important to you because there isn't much else to choose from otherwise locally. What a real bummer. I really feel sorry for you now.
You sure like to location bash. I don't recall seeing Beloit on any top ten lists recently. Got anything constructive to add to the discussion or are you just a common troll?

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #24  
You sure like to location bash. I don't recall seeing Beloit on any top ten lists recently. Got anything constructive to add to the discussion or are you just a common troll?

I lived in Canada while in college in the 80s. I understand how their markets were then and somewhat still today. It's not at all like the USA where you can just go to various places and get auto parts or hardware. Their selections are slimmer and options are way less.

So my comment about being in Canada and knowing what they have to got thru, then YES, supporting their local dealer is a critical and viable solution for them because there isn't anywhere else in the region for support otherwise.

@RickB you got to know you audience before a knee jerk response like yours. ;) There wasn't any bashing. And there isn't much here in Beloit for tractor dealers too. I've made comments that I got a looooong drive to find any good supportive dealer even near me. So yes, I got issues here with using tractor box store chains and on-line headaches. I have to take more time on-line for purchases to research products out. I even DEMONSTRATED this a few postings back. Thus, I did ADD a benefit for others to do the same should they have no dealer support in their region. So your pointing the finger this way has 3 pointing back at you.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #25  
I lived in Canada while in college in the 80s. I understand how their markets were then and somewhat still today. It's not at all like the USA where you can just go to various places and get auto parts or hardware. Their selections are slimmer and options are way less.

So my comment about being in Canada and knowing what they have to got thru, then YES, supporting their local dealer is a critical and viable solution for them because there isn't anywhere else in the region for support otherwise.

@RickB you got to know you audience before a knee jerk response like yours. ;) There wasn't any bashing. And there isn't much here in Beloit for tractor dealers too. I've made comments that I got a looooong drive to find any good supportive dealer even near me. So yes, I got issues here with using tractor box store chains and on-line headaches. I have to take more time on-line for purchases to research products out. I even DEMONSTRATED this a few postings back. Thus, I did ADD a benefit for others to do the same should they have no dealer support in their region. So your pointing the finger this way has 3 pointing back at you.
You have 2 posts here belittling people for living where they do and another telling someone that internet searches on a PC are more productive than those made on a smart phone.
Obnoxious unnecessary biased and inaccurate "contributions" to this conversation. Your self aggrandizing after the fact is laughable.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #26  
Like I said, my local dealer is 2 hours away. How can I support them? That's a 4 hour round trip of times, gas and the high dealer markup. hmmmm

I don't think any discounts would even help. A majority of folks don't have dealers within 30mins of a drive. Even 1 hour away becomes typical. There are the lucky few to have dealers right in their own town.
A.C. McCartney Equipment is only 20 minutes from you and sells tractors.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #27  
Some people look really hard for reasons to try to get offended.
Its a New Year. Time to turn the other cheek and keep it light. A little fun-poking isn’t a big deal, but theres enough reasons for anxiety about the future to not get so vindictive and angry over small stuff.
Get over it.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #28  
I ordered several years worth of all filters, oil, etc and picked it up when i was in town.
I do the same thing. However, when I was cleaning up and organizing my shop a few weeks ago, I noticed that I had a rather large inventory of filters for vehicles and equipment. Enough to fill an entire shelf on my storage cabinet. Some for the vehicles I still have, but most are for vehicles that I no longer even own. Worse yet, I didn't know which were which. I took a couple hours sorting them out, researching the numbers, putting the obsolete ones in a box. There a lot of them that I have no clue what they were for. I'd give them away, but that is hard to do you when don't know what they fit.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #29  
A.C. McCartney Equipment is only 20 minutes from you and sells tractors.

Do they sell Yanmars ? I've looked. They can't get vintage equipment Gray Market parts without a UTDA network license.

/ Stupidly convinced I'd get a better deal #30  
I do the same thing. However, when I was cleaning up and organizing my shop a few weeks ago, I noticed that I had a rather large inventory of filters for vehicles and equipment. Enough to fill an entire shelf on my storage cabinet. Some for the vehicles I still have, but most are for vehicles that I no longer even own. Worse yet, I didn't know which were which. I took a couple hours sorting them out, researching the numbers, putting the obsolete ones in a box. There a lot of them that I have no clue what they were for. I'd give them away, but that is hard to do you when don't know what they fit.

I too buy in bulk, not not too many for the reason you pointed out. Now, I have sold equipment and gave away those certain filters and additional parts without charging for them. A bonus to the buyer.

For me it was easy to do since the filters only cost a few dollars vs. 30 to 50 dollars each. That would be a more painful lose to deal with.