Strobe Light Kit

/ Strobe Light Kit #1  

liamcward

Tractor
Toolcat 5600
Curious if anyone has added a strobe light to their TC?

I’m spending more time in the road helping neighbours clear their plow berms and we get lots of blowing snow / low visibility conditions.

Thinking something a little more than 4-ways on our country road may be a good idea.

I see Bobcat makes a compatible kit. Anyone tried it? That or an LED option may be better?

This is the Bobcat option I was looking at:

Thanks for any help / suggestions!

/ Strobe Light Kit #2  
I have big old magnetic strobe that I put on the top and I run the cord through the door to the power plug.

/ Strobe Light Kit #4  
I added these LED strobes to my tractor. Local highway dept. saw them flashing over 1/4 mile away as they were coming up the road.
s-l500.jpg
DSCN1084 (Medium).JPG

/ Strobe Light Kit #5  
I added a magnetic mount rotating beacon for similar reasons but I went with a rotating beacon because I felt it was more attention getting than a strobe. Strobes are everywhere nowadays and rotating beacons are not. I also got one (Ecco) that has a more noticeable rotation frequency. Not too fast and not too slow.

/ Strobe Light Kit #6  
on the model I have they are pre wired for the strobe, Bobcat sell a strobe kit, it mounts on the left side top of cab, hole is there with a rubber gromet, the electrical is under the headliner, the switch plugs in the dash again the wires and plug is under the dash, price was the factor for me, I picked up a mag mount strobe ran the plug into cab and use the accessory socket right side of cab, down side if you leave it on it will kill battery in a couple days