Storing 3pt snowblower

/ Storing 3pt snowblower #1  

ucforme

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Good morning, I bought a rear mount snowblower (5') and want to store it outside for the summer. It's all washed and lubed. Plan on storing it on a pallet. Any other tips?

/ Storing 3pt snowblower #2  
Oil the chain with chainsaw oil, spray the chute and auger with silicone, grease every grease fitting and you're done. Every few years change out the gear box oil. It's that simple.

/ Storing 3pt snowblower #5  
I follow this theory. Any implement with moving parts gets stored under cover. My 3-point blower was stored in one of my carport stall - on a pallet. I followed the recommendation given by JJT - post#2.

If you have no place - under cover - grease everything well and put it on a pallet. I do not recommend any type of cover - ie, tarp, blanket, etc. Condensation under a cover will cause rusting.

/ Storing 3pt snowblower #6  
A couple of (OCD?) comments to add to JJT's.

As I blow gravel drives and the stones chip/scratch the paint, every few years I will wire wheel and spot paint.
I have lined the fan housing and chute with UHMW polyethylene so I place the blower and set the chute facing North to hopefully reduce the amount of UV light degrading the plastic.

/ Storing 3pt snowblower #7  
I stored my blower outdoors for the first 5 years or so doing the things mentioned. Once I upgraded the chute to hydraulic I found a spot in my garage on a large dollie. If I still had to store it outside I would remove the hydraulic cylinders.
The weather was real hard on the paint, so I repainted it caterpillar yellow. Other than that, it did fine outside.

/ Storing 3pt snowblower #8  
I would build some kind of shelter for a pto implement. Even a small lean-to with steel roof and side panels.

/ Storing 3pt snowblower #9  
After removing my Tacoma from winter storage (locked shipping container)
the 3 pt snow blower gets stored there until late fall.
Tractor with installed snow blower are parked in a locked garage when not in use.
I've never stored my 3 pt snow blower outside.

Last edited: