STOP the Amazon ads header.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
Disgusting to have the large header advertising Amazon, whether personalized or not. DO NOT LIKE IT ONE BIT !!!!!!!!

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #2  
Where are you seeing the Amazon header? I get no ads on TBN. Looks like AdBlock Plus is working!

/ STOP the Amazon ads header.
I have an ad blocker.. but this one circumvents it apparently.

And it is Adblock Plus, page now looking like this.

Attachments

• Ad Block.jpg
    Ad Block.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 216
   / STOP the Amazon ads header. #6  
I'm running with Apple High Sierra 10.13.6 and AdBlock Plus. The top of my page looks exactly like yours - beenthere. Live with it........

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #7  
Sometimes I see things of interest... sometimes not.

No big deal as I feel fortunate to have a great resource such as TBN.

The advertising header right now is for Diesel Fueling...

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #8  
I have an ad blocker.. but this one circumvents it apparently.

And it is Adblock Plus, page now looking like this.

Yep, I run both of them (Adblock and Adblock +). Every now and then (lately) that Amazon header pops up. It's the only one that does and it's always related to the thread's subject.

Heck, the Amazon ad at the top of this thread that I'm seeing now is promoting two different books on 'How to get the most out of your Amazon Ad!" & "Amazon Ad Hacks: How to use key words to advertise." :eek:ath:

:laughing:

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #9  
Ads are what pay for the site.

I'm a sustaining member of my local NPR affiliate and donate to wikipedia because I appreciate them both and know they have expenses. Any supposed 'news' page, including those so often linked here in forum posts, is a cornucopia of click bait, cleavage, and crap. Compared to ANY I've seen yet we see very little fluff or intrusion here, and I applaud Muhammad for keeping this site so free of such folly.

I stopped using ABP long ago out of conscience and because I'm rich. :rolleyes: I don't mind paying for something as valuable to me as TBN, if only in theory vs in fact.

btw, Folks I know that decry the 'cost of everything' seem too busy counting the freebies and not the nickels and dimes that trickle through their fingers while going after them. None ever show me the jar where they keep all that $$ they 'save' buying needless s__ with coupons. As often as not they spend that 'savings' the very day they redeem one. I have better things to do than look for ways that others can pay my way. :2cents:

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #10  
Yep, I run both of them (Adblock and Adblock +). Every now and then (lately) that Amazon header pops up. It's the only one that does and it's always related to the thread's subject.

Heck, the Amazon ad at the top of this thread that I'm seeing now is promoting two different books on 'How to get the most out of your Amazon Ad!" & "Amazon Ad Hacks: How to use key words to advertise." :eek:ath:

:laughing:
Ads are based on the page content, and since this thread is discussing ad blocking and advertising, the Amazon ad will list related products. Go to a thread discussing starter, electrical, or fuel pump issues and you'll see ads for solenoids.