Stick Removal

/ Stick Removal #31  
so pretty small. Wife and I do about 4 of 6 acres with these, works pretty well, way better than bending over, and with enough practice, you can chuck sticks and pinecones 20-30 feet to the edges
I bought that one and I do not like it.

It would work good for reaching up high, but it sucks for picking stuff up off the ground. One with a pistol grip would be much better.

The one pictured puts a lot of pressure on my arthritic wrist because the grip is in-line with the shaft.

/ Stick Removal #32  
I got a pistol grip grabber from harbor freight to pick up all the trash people toss out the window along my stone walls but also found out it was great for picking up all the branches in the spring

/ Stick Removal #34  
I have a fencerow/treeline on one side of my 1 acre yard. Every spring I go through the yard and pick up the larger sticks and toss them back into the tree line. Then I just use a leaf rake to gather the small stuff. Rake it into piles then scoop them up and toss them back into the tree line as well. Like others, the longer it takes the less particular I am with it. Anything that I miss isn't going to hurt the mower. I do the same for my parents yard next door, and my aunt's yard on the other side of me. I also rake out the majority of the Chestnut hulls. It typically only takes a few hours altogether.