Stick Removal

/ Stick Removal
My large hickories drop twigs, branches, nuts, and nut shells. My front mount 60" broom windrows them nicely followed by my 72" front deck connected to the trailer leaf vac behind it. Collects 100% of what remains. Make nice firepit fuel.
I wanted a front broom, but some folks said it wouldn't work. the twigs are small, under 8 inches long for the most part.

/ Stick Removal #22  
Little twigs are abrasive for cleaning the underside of the mower. Helps keep the grass from sticking and building up. My story and I'm sticking to it.
Beside it adds organics to my crappy clay soils.

/ Stick Removal #23  
I mow small stuff, it makes mulch. Larger stuff that can't be mowed usually I pick up and toss on the burn pile.

/ Stick Removal #24  
I wanted a front broom, but some folks said it wouldn't work. the twigs are small, under 8 inches long for the most part.
My JD 60" broom has replaced my 7' snow pusher box and my 8' plow for my long concrete driveway snow removal. Plow & pusher were on my JD1070. Broom is on my JD 1435 front mower. It serves year-round, too, for dust, dirt, mud, branches, evergreen needles, and weeds. Can make a LOT of dust in the Summer. Just did a 6" snowfall without any problems. Some much more effective. It gets right down to the surface no matter how irregular it is.

/ Stick Removal #25  
Can the kids do it unsupervised? 🙃

Just kidding, to some extent, but when I got married and moved out of my parent's house, they bought a lawn tractor, leaf blower, snow blower, and plow for their truck. I asked why they waited so long.... "We had you!" :ROFLMAO:

As others have mentioned, anything over 1/2-1" gets picked up by hand on our 1 acre of lawn. Anything under that size just gets mowed over with the finish mower and it disappears. It would get sucked into a bagger if I had one.
Only 'Bag' here is me and I never allude that to my wife because I know which side my bread is buttered on.

/ Stick Removal
Thanks everyone! I think I will try the pine needle rake first!

/ Stick Removal #28  
expensive option - hay windrower
1711716281103.jpeg

cheap option
1711716367740.jpeg

/ Stick Removal #29  
its over an acre.

so pretty small. Wife and I do about 4 of 6 acres with these, works pretty well, way better than bending over, and with enough practice, you can chuck sticks and pinecones 20-30 feet to the edges

/ Stick Removal #30  
Bigger chainsaw?

My trees trees also drop twigs with every storm. Most of the twigs are 4" to 8" in diameter, and 20 to 30 feet long.

I should have a year's worth of firewood from the twigs dropped in the last storm.