step for rk25

/ step for rk25 #1  

Tater John

Tractor
9n, 135 Massey, Mahindra 2538, RK25
Hello all. I have an rk25, I'm old, getting older and stepping up into tractor a stretch for me. Looking for a step or to fabricate one. Cannot use the floor of
operator station for mounting one since it is plastic (fiberglass, polycarbonate ??) On left side of tractor at bottom of loader frame are three holes with welded on
threaded nuts located close together, two in line with each other, the third closer to tractor and offset. I'm pretty sure these are for mounting mid-mount mower,
which I don't have or use, but would be ideal place for attaching a fabricated steel step. My question is can anyone tell me the bolt size and thread pitch for those bolts.
Length is of no consequence, just the bolt size (for example - 21 mm). I cannot find any metric bolts at the hardware store close to the size so that I could just trial and
error until I find the right one. If you have rk25 and use those mounting holes I would appreciate knowing what size the bolts are. Rural King could not help. I asked them
to look it up they said it would only show a part number and not the actual bolt size. I would think the information would be included with the mid-mount mower book
(if there is one) but no help so far from RK.

Or if anyone can direct me to a step already made and for sale or a fabricated one to reference would appreciate that as well.

Thanks

Tater John

/ step for rk25 #4  
Please post some picks whe you get it installed.

/ step for rk25
Well, I received the step and have installed it and it is sturdy and fills
my needs in every way. I weigh just a tad over 300 lbs. and it does a fine job for me. I am not computer savvy enough to put pictures on here but
if anyone wants a picture of it mounted on the tractor I can email it. Just let me know. Two thumbs up for the step for the RK25 / TYM 264 / TYM25. I don't think you will be disappointed. Thanks to medic3720 for telling me about it.

Now another question for RK25 owners or others in the know. I want some shade this summer while mowing and need a hard canopy. The ROPS is different than the ROPS on the RK37 and I'm told the canopy for the 37 will not fit the RK25, and one representative at an RK store said RK had no canopy to fit the RK25. So does anyone with a 25 have a canopy and how do you like it? Does anyone know of a canopy that can be found for the RK25?
Thanks

/ step for rk25 #6  
Here is a picture of the step on my t25. Goes good with the grab handle and both were a simple install.

PXL_20220130_152227767.jpg

I purchased a canopy with my tractor made by covermytractor.com. I'm not sure what model as it came pre-installed by my dealer but I know it's made from HDPE and not fiberglass. I replaced 2 of the bolts with pins so it was easy to fold down to fit in my storage shed.
PXL_20220130_152113798.jpg
PXL_20220130_185017150.jpg
PXL_20220130_185027574.MP.jpg
PXL_20220130_220729566.jpg

/ step for rk25 #8  
Nice, I have their loader mounted toolbox that uses their quick connect system.

Here is a picture of the step on my t25. Goes good with the grab handle and both were a simple install.

View attachment 743455

I purchased a canopy with my tractor made by covermytractor.com. I'm not sure what model as it came pre-installed by my dealer but I know it's made from HDPE and not fiberglass. I replaced 2 of the bolts with pins so it was easy to fold down to fit in my storage shed.
View attachment 743459View attachment 743460View attachment 743461View attachment 743462
can you show me the mounting for the step, I built 1, but Im going back to the drawing board.

/ step for rk25 #9  

View attachment 743455

View attachment 743459View attachment 743460View attachment 743461View attachment 743462
Just FYI, I think you may have the plates backwards. I have a friend that put one on their John Deere with the forward leaning ROPS and I don't think it leaned that far down. I could be wrong, but just wondering.