Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,811  
The whole part about living within or below your means is always good advice, seems like a lot of people from that earlier generation learned to live that way, probably because they lived through some really hard times and had to do without.
Even if they didn't they had parents and grandparents that did and could bring it too life...

I was very young and remember asking about the Depression not knowing anything...

Grandma said times were hard and I said how hard?

She looked out the window and pointed to nearby homes saying the people that owned those homes lost them to the bank...

I said how come you didn't loose your home and she said your grandfather and I never buy anything unless we have the cash in hand and when your grandfather lost his job he was able to pick up work as a driver and sometimes he work all day and night and I took in mending and we had a little garden with chickens and I put up fruit...

A lot of people that lost their homes put money in the stock market and spent like there was no tomorrow until the crash and then lost it all.

She said it's hard to loose something that's paid for... but there are exceptions like unfilled EA orders.

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: jmc
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,812  
Mine was a new truck, he told me they wouldn't do it on used except GM Certified vehicles and I think they had to be no more than 2 years old, but that was back in 2015, things might have changed.
thats what i thought, I only buy used 3 years +

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,813  
The article states the only way to be secure is savings…

Not really accurate and here are some examples.

Families with Section 8 Housing are quite secure plus eligibility brings a flood of other assistance programs and couple that with ever stronger renter rights it makes the case one can be secure and not depend at on savings.

Another is life in a religious order where all your needs are secure.

Another is military… know a few single and they are very secure…

Options exist and many are the same as parents and grandparents had…
Section eight is a God Program. Medicaid is another God Program. Get either of the two and the Tax Payer free money will roll in through other Social Programs.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,814  
Mine was a new truck, he told me they wouldn't do it on used except GM Certified vehicles and I think they had to be no more than 2 years old, but that was back in 2015, things might have changed.
It happens all the time. Dealers get up to 2% of the financing. New or used. That part is negotiable for them with the lender.
Much more likely with dealers who sell both new/used. The lender I worked on auto lending had only a handful of independent dealers. Many of the others are too shady to risk lending for.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,815  
It's just all part of negotiating the outcome. If done in the right way, offering cash for a discount is often effective. You should try it. Some people are afraid to offer less than asking price. They don't like rejection.

Sometimes offering to buy multiples of an item might get you a discount and another discount for cash. If you approach it as a win-win it can be.
My practice is researching the best product for the best price and then negotiating the price if its a option.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,816  
The whole part about living within or below your means is always good advice, seems like a lot of people from that earlier generation learned to live that way, probably because they lived through some really hard times and had to do without.

The lessons of thrift as well as prudence and virtue are rarely taught. They must be learned. Witness the roaring 20's that turned into the desperate 30's.

It takes time for cycles to repeat but as surely as human nature repeats, the cycles it predicts follow as well.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,818  
There were a lot of hard lessons learned during the Great Depression by those who lived through it that have been lost with their passing. Now we have fools that think it can't happen again.
B-b-but- they passed laws back then and the FDIC was created. We will never go through times like that again, the government will take care of us. (As I blindly overlook 2008)

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,819  
We need more printers!
2024_04_14_11.06.49.jpg