Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,801  
The best way to get credit is not to need it.

I know quite a few paycheck to paycheck and for a lot of them self imposed.

A co-worker in the building bought a new car and then took an offer for a credit card and maxed it on vacation…

I thought maybe her husband had a very good job but she is single but had a boyfriend on the vacation…

He was suppose to pay half but they broke up…

Almost everyone has means and my grandmother said to always live below your means avoids trouble…

Maybe too many with financial woes didn’t have a grandmother like mine?
The person you described probably also falls in this category of American Workers.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,802  
The person you described probably also falls in this category of American Workers.

I can appreciate the effect the lack of good role models can have… especially in the formative years.

With years as a property manager I had a glimpse into applicants financial status and it was eye opening… pages of charge offs and late payments, etc.

Some customers got upset at the car dealership hearing they were looking at too much automobile for their income… but being this is the land of opportunity there is always someone willing to take your money and then you wind up upside down.

Car payments, vacations, going out and jewelry is what I mostly came across.

It’s none of my business unless you are asking me to approve your application to rent from me… then it is very much my business not to be the next name on your credit report.

On the flip side I know a number of hard working people of modest means that every month send money home to family in other countries…

If I could summarize the lesson taught about debt it is avoid and when… never on something that depreciates…

Back in the day many TV shows taught lessons of thrift and honesty…

Here is one on Debt

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,803  
for those of you with the cash offers that got flipped to the financing, was this ONLY on NEW cars? or did any of you be successful on used as well.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,804  
No one in the family has ever bought on time but the dealerships selling new and used really push financing and are good at it to the point of presenting finance options when not interested.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,805  
Another way to look at it is EA customers were floating zero interest loans to EA and some of those loans very much look like gifts.

I had several personable calls from EA after I requested a catalog and even recommended EA to friends saying the company is well thought of on TBN

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,806  

The article states the only way to be secure is savings…

Not really accurate and here are some examples.

Families with Section 8 Housing are quite secure plus eligibility brings a flood of other assistance programs and couple that with ever stronger renter rights it makes the case one can be secure and not depend at on savings.

Another is life in a religious order where all your needs are secure.

Another is military… know a few single and they are very secure…

Options exist and many are the same as parents and grandparents had…

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,807  
The best way to get credit is not to need it.

I know quite a few paycheck to paycheck and for a lot of them self imposed.

A co-worker in the building bought a new car and then took an offer for a credit card and maxed it on vacation…

I thought maybe her husband had a very good job but she is single but had a boyfriend on the vacation…

He was suppose to pay half but they broke up…

Almost everyone has means and my grandmother said to always live below your means avoids trouble…

Maybe too many with financial woes didn’t have a grandmother like mine?
The whole part about living within or below your means is always good advice, seems like a lot of people from that earlier generation learned to live that way, probably because they lived through some really hard times and had to do without.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,808  
for those of you with the cash offers that got flipped to the financing, was this ONLY on NEW cars? or did any of you be successful on used as well.
Mine was a new truck, he told me they wouldn't do it on used except GM Certified vehicles and I think they had to be no more than 2 years old, but that was back in 2015, things might have changed.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,809  
Another way to look at it is EA customers were floating zero interest loans to EA
This is what I've said all along, including when I was looking for a grapple.
I also say the same thing about people who get a big income tax refund. Why loan the government all of that money with no benefit to yourself?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,810  
Only happened to me on new.